HELP: Printer Can't Link Issues

Talk about anything.
toolman-7862

HELP: Printer Can't Link Issues

Post by toolman-7862 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:43 pm

I've had my Up Plus for about three months and have been printing on it a lot (some days the machine is on for ten hours) with no issues. The other day I went to start another print and all of a sudden I kept getting an " Error- Can't link the printer ".
I have tried everything, powering down the printer and computer and retrying, switching out the usb cable and downloading the up software on another computer and trying to link it up, all of this with no success.

Has anyone had this issue?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Trevor

wackojacko

Re: HELP: Printer Can't Link Issues

Post by wackojacko » Fri May 03, 2013 11:29 am

Can you see the printer in device manager, unplug the USB cable and plug in. Do you see it in devices?
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

FallGuy

Post by FallGuy » Fri May 03, 2013 4:52 pm

You didn't say in your post, but are you hooking the USB cable directly to the computer? Or are you connecting through a hub? Some printers have had problems seeing the printer when connected through a USB hub. If you are connecting through a hub, you may want to try the direct connection.

The only other thing you could try is to reset your USB ports. Not hard to do, just look on the internet for the method for your OS. Sometimes the port doesn't quite fully disconnect after you eject a USB device and it just needs a reset so it can accept the new device you are plugging in.
Thanks,

FallGuy

toolman-7862

Post by toolman-7862 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Thanks for the replies!
Couple things I didn't mention I'm using mac pro lap tops, and I am plugging directly intro the computer no usb hub.
I am now looking into resetting the usb ports. My only issue with that is that I tried plugging into another computer and had the same problem. I plugged a hard drive into both computers to make sure the usbs weren't down.

I bought the printer directly from the pp3d website. I've contacted there support@pp3dp.com and have received no answer, it's been a week now.

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Mon May 06, 2013 11:42 pm

toolman-7862 wrote:Thanks for the replies!
Couple things I didn't mention I'm using mac pro lap tops, and I am plugging directly intro the computer no usb hub.
I am now looking into resetting the usb ports. My only issue with that is that I tried plugging into another computer and had the same problem. I plugged a hard drive into both computers to make sure the usbs weren't down.

I bought the printer directly from the pp3d website. I've contacted there support@pp3dp.com and have received no answer, it's been a week now.
In Macintosh HD/Developer/Applications/Utilities there's an app called "USB Prober". Either that or "About This Mac" from the Apple menu will display info on all connected USB devices. First step is to find out if the machine is aware of the printer at the lowest level. If it doesn't appear there then you probably have a hardware fault (e.g. USB port in the printer blown).

I assume you've unplugged the Up's power supply from the wall socket and re-powered it. The power supply has an overload protection circuit that does not reset until this has been done.

julia

tracip

Post by tracip » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:25 pm

Did you find a resolution to this problem? I have the same issue with my new Up Mini. It was working fine for a week. I turned it off for two days and now I get the error "Can't link to printer".

I have tried connecting it to a different Mac, swapped the USB cable, tried another USB port, unplugged/plugged in power supply. It does not show up in the System device info and I have not received a reply from support yet (4 days).

roller

Post by roller » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:40 pm

JuliaDee wrote:
In Macintosh HD/Developer/Applications/Utilities there's an app called "USB Prober". Either that or "About This Mac" from the Apple menu will display info on all connected USB devices. First step is to find out if the machine is aware of the printer at the lowest level. If it doesn't appear there then you probably have a hardware fault (e.g. USB port in the printer blown).

I assume you've unplugged the Up's power supply from the wall socket and re-powered it. The power supply has an overload protection circuit that does not reset until this has been done.

julia
/Developer/* only exists if you have Xcode installed.

hyperpostsuper

Post by hyperpostsuper » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:13 pm

Having the same issue.
Would love to get some good news about this....