initializing.

Talk about anything.
hearbob

initializing.

Post by hearbob » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:45 pm

I've had my Up for about a year now. A few mods later everything has been great. Yesterday when I turned it on I got a green status light on the LED. Unable to initialize. Unplugged the printer for a couple of minutes no help. Unplugged the USB cable, turned off the printer again same thing. Didn't seem t matter if I was connected to the computer or not. Have been running it on Windows Up v1.18 and Mac v 1.4. Hoping it's not the CPU. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

teamcarlisle

Re: initializing.

Post by teamcarlisle » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:06 am

I thought I would ressurect this thread, I also just had this happen to me today. I had my printer (up! Plus) switched off from the back power switch and when I switched it on today, the status light on the front of the printer went straight to green, instead of turning red like usual. The printer does not respond by pressing or holding down the reset/standby switch on the front of the printer. The computer does not detect any connection through the usb cable. I took off the cover of the printer and can see that the motherboard lights up with red lights in three spots. I reseated all the cable connections up on the board, that didnt fix it, I left everything unplugged for 15 minutes, and tried again, still turns on with a green light instead of red and wont respond. I'm going to write to pp3dp support, but I've had this printer for a year and a half and I'm pretty sure the warranty is expired now. Hoping someone else has experience this and can leave some input please.

teamcarlisle

Re: initializing.

Post by teamcarlisle » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:07 am

PP3dp support got back to me, most likely something on the board died, but the good news is, I can still purchase the extended warranty retroactively, which would actually extend the warranty for this printer to July 2014. And thats a lot cheaper than buying a new board or cpu :) I'm letting the printer sit unplugged overnight, just in the very slim chance that it might work in the morning again (I can always dream) Luckily its not my only printer, so at least I'm not completely shut down on my hobbies :D