using up box plus + craftware

Talk about anything.
kawadar

using up box plus + craftware

Post by kawadar » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:59 am

Hi, I would like to know if anyone has already used craftware with the up box plus and if it is really worth it.

Thank you

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Re: using up box plus + craftware

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:56 am

I'm not aware of anyone having mentioned it on the forums. Is it even compatible with the up printers? (Can profiles be made?)

Owen S.

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:19 pm

I honestly had never heard of Craftware until this very moment.

Presumably...you should be able to. However, I haven't had much luck with CURA as i can't find a way to make it see the bed as going up and down instead of the nozzle. Simplify has the ability to invert the axis that way, but not Cura...or I'm an idiot =)

See what you can find and if you get it working, keep us posted.

chazr33gtr

Post by chazr33gtr » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:12 am

Hi kawadr,

I've recently got CURA working fully with the UPBox by creating a PostProcessing script that modifies the Gcode to account for the nuances of the UPBOX like strange axis definition and -z height. The script is located in the New Uppers section in the CURA thread.

So, most slicers, Slic3r, Repetier etc etc.. all support execution of post processing Python scripts... so you should just be able to take the post processing script I uploaded and tell craftware to execute it after its sliced the model and bingo.

IF you need any help with it message me.. e.g, checking the gcode before executing it on your UP

CHeers

Chaz

riyarathi

Post by riyarathi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:36 am

Great post :)