What is the "reasonable" price for the New UP Box?

Talk about anything.
andries3d

What is the "reasonable" price for the New UP Box?

Post by andries3d » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:25 pm

Ok, so PP3Dp has been teasing us with the New Up Box

It has new look
HEPA filter
more user friendly

And it will comes down to the very basic question: How much ?

pleppik

Re: What is the "reasonable" price for the New UP Box?

Post by pleppik » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:43 pm

They announced a price of US $1,899.

Up to you whether that's worth it or not. To me, it seems really attractive compared to the Up Plus 2 ($1,649). I assume that the Up Plus 2 will see a price cut in the very near future.

roller

Post by roller » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:32 pm

I think the current Up Plus "sale" price of about $1300US will be the normal Plus price going forward and the Box slips in at the old Plus price point at the ~$1900 you mentioned.

teamcarlisle

Post by teamcarlisle » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:50 pm

Pp3dp states right in their blog it will be sold at $1899 in US dollars. Few people ever bother going to that page though, and miss the few announcements they occasionally make.

roller

Post by roller » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:04 am

I think the more enthusiastic of us saw the price ... the problem for me is it is not indicative of the Australian price :(

teamcarlisle

Post by teamcarlisle » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:09 am

So, just out of curiosity, has anyone seen what day in Nov. the Up Box is being released? I've been scrounging the net daily hoping to either see it on sale, or see a release date. I thought I saw once that it was coming out on the 14th, but I've never been able to find that info since and I think I might have had that confused with "2014"

roller

Post by roller » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:09 am

The Austrlalasian Distributor (3D Printing Systems) has just listed the Box today saying it is expected early first quarter 2015 and the Australian list price is apparently going $2450AUD ex GST for Australia and a fraction under $3000NZD ex tax for New Zealand buyers.

The are offereing pre-orders right now for the first 100 units. I would be in that list but I feel I was stung by being an early adopter on the Mini so I'll wait and see this time.

andries3d

Post by andries3d » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:39 pm

I'm with you roller,
My mini still collecting dust almost a month by now, warranty is out. The only way is to splash another $295 for extended warranty
But, what happen if the printer breaks down ..again..after the extended warranty expired :shock:
it would create a constant income stream for the company :twisted:

And the almost non existent PP3DP support, I have to log complains to the sales dept to draw their attention..twice :(

Just wait and see. Hopefully the product will getting better (software, hardware & support wise)

teamcarlisle

Post by teamcarlisle » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:38 pm

I'm usually an early adopter (in general) and have been screwed a few times myself. I got lucky with my Up Plus in the sense that I couldnt afford one until it had been out for a year or two. I'm totally chomping at the bit for the UP BOX to go up for sale though and kind of expect to have a few bugs right off the bat. I "should" wait for awhile, but I really want to get a bigger printer to replace my Makerbot Replicator 2 (I spend more time "fixing" that printer and re-printing fails prints than I do actually printing finalized parts). I love my Up Pluses, but they just dont print large enough for some of my projects. So if I do manage to get one I'll be sure to post to the forums for you guys about my experience.

roller

Post by roller » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:32 pm

I know how you feel .. I feel like I used to be endlessly modifying Makerbots for people. The Up Plus has had its hiccups but overall it has been good to me. It just has a horrible habit of breaking when I need it the most.