Post by cadcam » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:08 pm

Let us hope it is good when it comes,

'Some sites like 3ders.org claim the release is May 2015'

May will be about a year since news first appeared

pp3dp.nl

Re: New desktop 3D printer from Tiertime

Post by pp3dp.nl » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Any news about this? Any news at all?

Is there any reseller with a demo machine, is the AUS/NZ reseller out of line with their strange preorder? That creates anticipation for the machine but when exacly can we expect to actually buy and own one?

I can hardly find info on the internet from this year but there are some youtube videos so it does exist ;)

woofy

Post by woofy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:47 am

Its now almost 6 months since they announced it, I guess they are having problems.
Last I heard, its going to be sometime next month before its available.
UP plus, Ultimaker2 & Raise N2+ Printers.

pp3dp.nl

Post by pp3dp.nl » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:12 pm

woofy wrote:Its now almost 6 months since they announced it, I guess they are having problems.
Last I heard, its going to be sometime next month before its available.
I heard something like that but nothing official I guess, it's strange that TierTime/PP3DP is so quiet.. Any info would be nice apart from the announcement last year. The website and forum were also about to change and I haven't heard anything about that either. So please Joseph or Roman, some pictures or indication of when the new flagship will be ready :D

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:16 pm

Frankly, in this age of crowdfunding and pre-ordering, I find it refreshing that this is not being over-hyped before it's actually ready. Hopefully when they do announce, one will simply be able to buy it, like in the old days :)

pp3dp.nl

Post by pp3dp.nl » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:05 pm

JuliaDee wrote:Frankly, in this age of crowdfunding and pre-ordering, I find it refreshing that this is not being over-hyped before it's actually ready. Hopefully when they do announce, one will simply be able to buy it, like in the old days :)
Haha exactly that would be refreshing :D

But they already hyped it a bit with all the first renders, November last year as order date and the demo machines at fairs.. But it wouldn't surprise me if one of these days it's just ready for ordering - indeed like the old days.

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:09 am

shanghai1.jpg
shanghai1.jpg (36.81 KiB) Viewed 14583 times
shanghai2.jpg
shanghai2.jpg (36.34 KiB) Viewed 14583 times
This is happening right now in Shanghai......

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:16 am

Lots of big boxes, woohoo! Thanks Joseph :)

pp3dp.nl

Post by pp3dp.nl » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:35 am

Great! That's what I'm talking about, xie xie :-)

Good luck in Shanghai!

pp3dp.nl

Post by pp3dp.nl » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:07 pm

If I Google Weibo Tiertime I see more pictures, good looking machine. And what is the Up Plus 2X? An enclosed Up Plus, looks very good. Sadly only for China?

DrewPetitclerc

Post by DrewPetitclerc » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:51 pm

Yes lots of big boxes, but I would be more impressed if there were lots of printers on tables actually making parts, I have so far to date not seen a single part being printed by the new "box" and would really like to know that they perform as anticipated. :cry:
I'm sorry if I sound grumpy but I have wanted TierTime to succeed every since I bought my UP Plus and turned it into a "PRO" model, I have given both TierTime and the 3D printing community all of my designs and upgrades for free so they can improve their products/purchases but have been repeatedly disappointed with each new model.
I've already purchased a larger 3D printer that is out performing the "box" (by my standards, meaning it produces parts) but I'm still wishing TierTime success even if I no longer buy the newest products from them.
With some sadness
Drew
Drew Petitclerc
Petitclerc Designs
Owner/Senior Principal Designer, prototype, tooling and test equipment design and 3D printing
http://flash-graphics.deviantart.com/
http://www.thingiverse.com/DrewPetitclerc

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:01 pm

Well, here's proof that the boxes contained printers. One would assume that if they're showing that many printers at a big trade show that they will in fact be printing parts. Come on, Drew, think positive thoughts! :)
boxes.png
boxes.png (239.09 KiB) Viewed 14558 times

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:03 pm

Julia,

Yes, big show here in Shanghai. we have 30 somethings machines running in different booths. If you guys have a chance to stop by, let me know. :D

I will post more pictures here.

Sorry Drew, there has been some disappointment. I will be in sj next week. Hope to meet and chat!

Joseph

DrewPetitclerc

Post by DrewPetitclerc » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:43 pm

I look forward to seeing one and will try to think more positively in the future, right now too much work and not enough time.

Love to all.
Drew
Drew Petitclerc
Petitclerc Designs
Owner/Senior Principal Designer, prototype, tooling and test equipment design and 3D printing

cadcam

Post by cadcam » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:52 am

DrewPetitclerc wrote:..
I've already purchased a larger 3D printer that is out performing the "box" (by my standards, meaning it produces parts) ...Drew
I am becoming desperate to be able to produce more small/medium sized components without having to reload, often running multiple Up Pluses in parallel to cope with the through put of student work. I had been hoping to grow into buying a 'box', hopeing it would produce models of as good or better than the Plus. However, I have a large course coming up so will have to buy something different. I would value Drew's view on competitors machines and why he chose the machine he has? Are you able to indicate which machine you bought?

Regards

DrewPetitclerc

Post by DrewPetitclerc » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:31 pm

cadcam wrote:I would value Drew's view on competitors machines and why he chose the machine he has? Are you able to indicate which machine you bought?
I attempted to answer your question but it looks like I have fallen victim to online editing, my post appears to have been deleted. :evil:
If I find this was true I will no longer appear here in the future. :cry:
Drew Petitclerc
Petitclerc Designs

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:28 pm

There was once a very long thread here (started by me) on the subject of that larger-format printer that we both own. That thread and pretty much any other reference to the printer in question was deleted by pp3dp some months ago. I don't blame them terribly... their censorship is actually a lot less draconian that that imposed by the manufacturer of the printer in question on their own forum.

David Riley

Post by David Riley » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:45 pm

Censoring implies they fear the other product is better.

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:08 pm

David Riley wrote:Censoring implies they fear the other product is better.
The other product is currently better because you can buy one today. With that in mind, it's understandable that pp3dp would prefer to have its exposure minimized so that people will still have their printer-buying money when the Up Box becomes available.

woofy

Post by woofy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:15 pm

They shouldn't fear the competitors. I put my own urges to buy the zortrax on hold last year when I saw the box at show. Tiertime's reputation on the UP2 is enough to ensure I will buy the box.
(But hurry up, Joseph) :)
UP plus, Ultimaker2 & Raise N2+ Printers.