New desktop 3D printer from Tiertime

Talk about anything.
pp3dp.nl

Re: New desktop 3D printer from Tiertime

Post by pp3dp.nl » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:06 am

wilsonj wrote:
roller wrote:Yes, I've certainly never heard of anyone being refused warranty because of a temp mod either ... thought the few who have needlessly cut cables to install one might be on shaky ground if the mainboard failed for example. I wasn't suggesting that any reseller has denied a fix on a modded machine but more that it would be difficult to refuse a repair if the mod has been done appropriately.

On how mod-able the Box will be, it does seem to have that familiar rainbow ribbon cable in at least one of the prototypes and it would obviously be cheap and easy to go with the hotend arrangement they already have as it works so well. Fingers crossed it's more of the same.

On a pet hate point ... I wish they had named it differently. So annoying to watch for news on new products when they choose such generic names/terms. "Box" and "Up" are certainly terms that commonly appear in the same sentence that have nothing to do with printing ... and ones that do relate to 3d Printing but not this printer. I wish they'd named it "adsfjll" or some other random confluence of letters and numbers instead. :)

HAHA. I like the way "adsfjll" just rolls off the tongue! :D I vote from this time on we refer to the new UP as this!
That is quite a coincidence, it happens to be that ''adsfjll'' means ''printer'' in Dutch (actually a dialect called ''Fries'') so that would be a great name!

roller

Post by roller » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:43 am

Methinks you are pulling my leg ... I've yet to make it to that part of the world (Netherlands) ... my '72 Vespa self destructed on the way there just north of Brussells :(

pp3dp.nl

Post by pp3dp.nl » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:41 pm

roller wrote:Methinks you are pulling my leg ... I've yet to make it to that part of the world (Netherlands) ... my '72 Vespa self destructed on the way there just north of Brussells :(
Haha no it looks more like it could mean something in Finnish. So the Vespa trip was a long journey?

amd-tec

Post by amd-tec » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:46 pm

pp3dp.nl wrote:
roller wrote:Methinks you are pulling my leg ... I've yet to make it to that part of the world (Netherlands) ... my '72 Vespa self destructed on the way there just north of Brussells :(
Haha no it looks more like it could mean something in Finnish. So the Vespa trip was a long journey?
Hey, whats wrong with Finnish words ;).
Try this : Alavilla mailla hallanvaara or Yksikseskös itkeskelet, itsekseskös yskiskelet?

Cheers!
"3D design with intelligent printing"
http://www.amd-tec.com

pp3dp.nl

Post by pp3dp.nl » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:24 pm

amd-tec wrote:
pp3dp.nl wrote:
Hey, whats wrong with Finnish words ;).
Try this : Alavilla mailla hallanvaara or Yksikseskös itkeskelet, itsekseskös yskiskelet?

Cheers!
Whaha this is going a bit off topic but I guess it's a Finnish tongue twister, I also read this hilarious page: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Didarasq

First thought it was serious until I saw ''relatively easy to learn, a foreigner can speak Finnish fluently after a mere 400 years of teaching and training.'' :lol:

Back on topic: anybody have any news about the printer? November is almost here..

roller

Post by roller » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:43 am

pp3dp.nl wrote:
London, through the south of France, across Italy to Sienna, across the Swiss Alps, Germany, Northern France, Luxembourg, Belgium .... crash. After the Netherlands was supposed to be Scotland or Scandinavia->Scotland ... I hadn't decided. Wet day, back axle snapped and I slid it in to a light pole (seemed better than heading for a bridge railing). One less '72 Vespa Sprint Veloce in the world :(

teamcarlisle

Post by teamcarlisle » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:20 pm

I found another video on youtube for the Up Box, this one is from the 3d Printshow Paris. So most of the video is in french, occasionally you can hear a guy in the background translating to english. If only I hadnt Brain-dumped all my french classes from Highschool, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYI_gxeAlhk

amd-tec

Post by amd-tec » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:12 pm

teamcarlisle wrote:I found another video on youtube for the Up Box, this one is from the 3d Printshow Paris. So most of the video is in french, occasionally you can hear a guy in the background translating to english. If only I hadnt Brain-dumped all my french classes from Highschool, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYI_gxeAlhk
Just wondering all the color options seen in backround!
Attachments
colors.png
Colors
colors.png (216.36 KiB) Viewed 15710 times
"3D design with intelligent printing"
http://www.amd-tec.com

LonV

Post by LonV » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:55 pm

If they just sent me one, I'd be happy to do a review in English. :P

-Lon

pleppik

Post by pleppik » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:47 pm

In the official announcement for the Up Box, they said it would be available in November.

We're rapidly running out of November.

Any guesses that they'll put it up on the store for Black Friday? In years past, they've had Black Friday specials, so it seems natural to start selling the Up Box on the 28th.

rjames217

Post by rjames217 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:47 am

The UK Reseller - iMakr, said that they were getting a shipment of Up Box's in January sometime.. I'll keep checking their site for any update.

http://www.imakr.com/3d-printers/148-up-box.html

woofy

Post by woofy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:54 am

It's not going to be available until "early in the new year".
UP plus, Ultimaker2 & Raise N2+ Printers.

pleppik

Post by pleppik » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:27 pm

woofy wrote:It's not going to be available until "early in the new year".
That's new. Was that something they announced, or did you get an inside scoop?

The only official announcement I've seen is this one, which says November. But November is almost gone.

woofy

Post by woofy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:17 pm

No insider knowledge here.
I called Denford (UK distributer) and asked them when it would be available.
"Early in the new year" is what they said.
UP plus, Ultimaker2 & Raise N2+ Printers.

roller

Post by roller » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:02 am

Australian distributor announced the same when they started taking orders.

Maarten Visser

Post by Maarten Visser » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:32 pm

Has anybody seen reviews of the new Box printer? Is it a up plus 2 with a box around it and slightly larger or are there other changes? For me, reliability is way more important than speed, so I will wait for test reviews to appear before buying one.

roller

Post by roller » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:49 am

Maarten Visser wrote:Has anybody seen reviews of the new Box printer? Is it a up plus 2 with a box around it and slightly larger or are there other changes? For me, reliability is way more important than speed, so I will wait for test reviews to appear before buying one.
No, they are not out yet. Tiertime/PP3DP are just doing the rounds of the shows with one or two prototypes. Release is early 2015 supposedly.

car3less

Post by car3less » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:19 am

I sent them an email asking when it would be available for sale in Europe and they answered... February 2015. 8-)

teamcarlisle

Post by teamcarlisle » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Unfortunately they missed my money. I was ready to buy in November. They could have at least released a blog post or statement saying it was delayed. I got burnt out checking their store pages every single day in November hoping to catch it on day one. I don't like companies that make it a point to announce a release date but never announce the delays, which leads me into feeling like a schmuck getting excited for something that doesn't come out when I prepared myself (and my bank account) for it. I ended up just throwing more money at upgrades to my Replicator 2 instead (biggest money pit ever, but it's finally feeling like a reliable printer....finally)

teamcarlisle

Post by teamcarlisle » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:01 pm

Afinia.com recently announced the upcoming release of their version of the Up Box, called the Afinia H800 for American customers. Their release date is spring 2015. Some sites like 3ders.org claim the release is May 2015. I like the color scheme of the afinia better with the Black and white colors verses the Up Box with black and orange