Z-UltraT Filament

Talk about anything.
JuliaDee

Z-UltraT Filament

Post by JuliaDee » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:53 pm

Z-UltraT has become my go-to filament when I need strong layer bonding and minimal warpage. It's not 100% warp-free, but it warps less than most ABS's and is very clean and precise. Support removal is not especially difficult. It prints at the full Up extrusion temp (260C nominal) so no temp control mod is required. The parts in the photos were printed on my Afinia. It's got a slightly glossy finish and occasionally some plastic will build up on the nozzle, get burnt brown, and end up embedded in the part, so it may not be ideal for sculptures. It only comes in a few colors so far and unfortunately black is not among them. I've only tried white, which is sort of an ivory. Not cheap at $50/spool + shipping from China (shipping is fast), but I am loving it for engineering parts. There are rumors that Tiertime is soon going to release a "stronger" material, perhaps it will be similar.

I am not affiliated in any way with Zortrax; just posting this here as a public service to the Up community since people may not be aware of this excellent material that works well on the Up.

https://zortrax.com/store/z-ultrat-filament

Julia
DSC_0466_800.jpg
DSC_0466_800.jpg (85.38 KiB) Viewed 5649 times
DSC_0462_800.jpg
DSC_0462_800.jpg (97.54 KiB) Viewed 5649 times

wilsonj

Re: Z-UltraT Filament

Post by wilsonj » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi Julia,

I agree, the UltraT is nice stuff, but I also only have it in the ivory colour. I have also been using quite a bit of the Z-ABS on the UP with really good success too.
Regards
Jamie
3DPrinterGear.com.au