Just wondering about replacement CPU cost...

Talk about anything.
Hoek

Just wondering about replacement CPU cost...

Post by Hoek » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:15 am

While looking for a replacement 40mm fan I noticed the CPU board is quoted as $1,100 :o which seems really high compared to the cost of the printer.

Truthfully, at this cost I would be selling the rest as spares and getting something else.

As a comparison I saw other printers with a replacement kit with main board, CPU steppers and a few other bits all for $139.

I'm on a very low fixed income due to being a carer for my wife and this sort of replacement cost would halt me on the spot. Replacement cost of parts is about the only thing I didn't look at when getting the Up!

I have insurance on house contents but not for fusion and have an excess of $1000 so insurance is no way going to be viable. (One reason I have top surge protection power boards).

Rootz

Re: Just wondering about replacement CPU cost...

Post by Rootz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:47 am

Yup. I saw that. Go figure, eh?

If my Up! Mini control board died, I'd convert the thing to a RAMPS 1.4 set-up. The whole thing wouldn't cost you more than $100, complete with an LCD display. Of course, you wouldn't be able to use the Up! software. You'd need to go open-source. But would that be such a bad thing?? :lol:

Cheers!

AndyL