Taulman Filaments

Talk about anything.
JuliaDee

Taulman Filaments

Post by JuliaDee » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:42 pm

How's everyone doing with 618, 645, and Bridge these days?

I've previously had great success with both 618 and 645, but my latest spool of 645 won't extrude, nor will the new Bridge I bought. Extrusion is anemic from the start of the print, then after a few layers it just stops feeding with the extruder turning but nothing coming out. After withdrawing and reinserting, it feeds OK manually, then the whole thing starts again when I print.

I've found Taulman's dimensional control to be lacking at times. The 645 and Bridge measure anywhere from 1.78-1.88mm. The 618 is also on the large side, but for the moment (knock on wood) it's feeding ok. I'm printing all with my temp switch set at 250C, which has worked well for me in the past with both 618 and 645.

I think I have to figure out how to get another spring-loaded pressure-bearing feeder made, now that Drew's mechanic has retired :cry:

Thanks,
Julia

wilsonj

Re: Taulman Filaments

Post by wilsonj » Thu May 01, 2014 12:47 am

Julia,

I've found the same issue. Basically the filament is oversized and gets caught in the stainless feeder tube. At least that has been my observations.
Regards
Jamie
3DPrinterGear.com.au

JuliaDee

Re: Taulman Filaments

Post by JuliaDee » Thu May 01, 2014 1:32 am

wilsonj wrote:Julia,

I've found the same issue. Basically the filament is oversized and gets caught in the stainless feeder tube. At least that has been my observations.
Thanks, Jamie, glad it's not just me :)

julia