my first soft crash

Talk about anything.
ming

my first soft crash

Post by ming » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:30 pm

i was printing a part that took up a 3 of the 4 corners of the base. so i placed my clip accordingly know ing where i wont print

BOOM
The initial material dispence ran right into my clip and kept mving after puching my clip off
and error out on the axis that it was travelling in i guess the encoder skipped count and triggered the limit switch

Q:
Is there anyway to chk where it will dispense initial material so i make sure i dont have a clip in that area ?
Dream@night / Holdit@sameday

teamcarlisle

Re: my first soft crash

Post by teamcarlisle » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:22 am

Well, look at your GUI in the UP software, and look at where the part is on your virtual print bed. If you've lost track of where the front of the bed is, hit the view button and switch it to front view. Just look at it to figure out where your parts will print on your bed. If you are printing a raft, do a "print preview" first, then after it tells you how long it will take to print, just slightly change your viewport and it should show you outlines underneath your print where the raft will be. Thats about it. Use your eyeballs and keep printing until you just get a good feel for where to put your binder clips. Some large prints can be a challenge to figure out.

ming

Re: my first soft crash

Post by ming » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:04 pm

thanks teamcarlisle.
Yes i place the part and then from the pulldownmenu i view from top and zoom in till about same size as my glass print base and thats where i start rubbing the gluestick and check a few times to make sure i cover the entire part and a tad more over the edge. Do this while bed is warming up and then place onthe bed with clipsand wait till bed is warm to 90+ % before i press print

The soft crash was not due to the part but the initial strip of about 30-40mm of material placed before the print starts. That initial stripe is not indicated on the print preview nor the print. and my crash did not occur during the initial striup but after the stripe while its moving to print the first / inital section.

YOu are right i just have to print more and get used to the quirks of the machine. From waht i gather any clips on the front right side is game for the head to crash into. and the right side has only about 3 mm of clearance between the printbase and the vertical support so if you put a clip there makesure its only close to the froont edge (anything pass 20mm from the front it will crash into the upright support frame).
Dream@night / Holdit@sameday