Taulman 3D 618 Natural Nylon vs. T-Glase Polyester Resin

Talk about anything.
hajime

Taulman 3D 618 Natural Nylon vs. T-Glase Polyester Resin

Post by hajime » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:59 am

Hello, anybody tried both Taulman 3D 618 Natural Nylon Filament and the 3D T-Glase Polyester Resin Filament from Octave? I am looking for filament that can produce strong and rigid structure. Is it better to get the Garolite LE Plate or other special build plate?
Which extruder switch do you recommend for these materials? Extruder Nozzle 8 Setting Temperature Switch or the Extruder Nozzle Multi Setting Temperature Switch? Thanks.

hajime

Re: Taulman 3D 618 Natural Nylon vs. T-Glase Polyester Resin

Post by hajime » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:30 am

hajime wrote:Hello, anybody tried both Taulman 3D 618 Natural Nylon Filament and the 3D T-Glase Polyester Resin Filament from Octave? I am looking for filament that can produce strong and rigid structure. Is it better to get the Garolite LE Plate or other special build plate?
Which extruder switch do you recommend for these materials? Extruder Nozzle 8 Setting Temperature Switch or the Extruder Nozzle Multi Setting Temperature Switch? Thanks.
Hello, in practice, how these two materials and the PolyFlex compare with the ABS manufactured by the same company who made the Up Plus 2? It seems to me that 618 Nylon and PolyFlex are bendable while T-Glase and the original ABS are rigid. Don't know which is better in each category (rigid vs. flexible). Thanks.

wilsonj

Re: Taulman 3D 618 Natural Nylon vs. T-Glase Polyester Resin

Post by wilsonj » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:11 am

618 will print fine on the perfboard with a raft, but if you want to do raftless printing you will need a garolite plate.

I've found 618 prints best at about 240-250C, provided it is nice and dry.

T-glase will print from 230-250C without much problem, but it will be difficult to remove rafts and support, but not impossible. The material is quite rigid and strong. I haven't done an objective comparison between OEM ABS and T-glase but I think they would be similar. T-Glase will warp less though, but doesn't like to be printed fast.

The PolyFlex and Nylon are quite different materials IMO, the Nylon is flexible, but much less than the PolyFlex. However the PolyFlex has proved to be incredibly strong also, and the layer bonding is very good, which also makes support and raft removal virtually impossible. I haven't tried the latest mix yet ( I do have it, just not enough time) but it is supposed to work even better on the UP machines now.

My suggestion. Buy a roll of each and do some testing, I think they are all great materials, but serve different purposes.
Regards
Jamie
3DPrinterGear.com.au