I have already seen the heart of the mini up

Talk about anything.
rural1

I have already seen the heart of the mini up

Post by rural1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:58 am

Got the printer today (been working on the designs for a couple of weeks).

Unpacked the printer 8-)
Loaded the latest firmware / ROM 8-)
Started the calibration process :o
Horrible grinding sound :shock:
The plastic guide for the up and down drive was broken, had to pull the machine apart, pull out the circut board (was the worst clip to repalce) :evil:
Put it all back together :roll:
Re started the calibration :?:
All working :D

Now to start printing 8-)

wackojacko

Re: I have already seen the heart of the mini up

Post by wackojacko » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:21 am

Well done!

Did you have spare clips included with your Mini?

Enjoy!!
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

rural1

Post by rural1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:34 am

Yep - saw these things (clips) while I was unpacking and tryed to work out what they were for (now I know) - will have to print a few spares.

roller

Post by roller » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:00 am

From what I had heard in the early days of the Mini, that particular clip is susceptible to being broken in transit by rough a rough courier which is why they now include clips. I'm not sure you are likely to need another desperately unless you are shipping your printer again.

Eric_at_Tamaggo

Post by Eric_at_Tamaggo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:48 am

I just received my printer today and found out the same clip problem. I live in Canada, so maybe the could did not help... Anyway, i did not have those replacement clips included in the box, so i wish the the USA reseller from where I bought it will ship them to me ASAP. I allready removed the back panel of the machine to have a look. Do you think that if I screw up installing those clip I'm going to void the warranty I have at the moment?

Garry

Post by Garry » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:02 am

Eric_at_Tamaggo wrote:I just received my printer today and found out the same clip problem. I live in Canada, so maybe the could did not help... Anyway, i did not have those replacement clips included in the box, so i wish the the USA reseller from where I bought it will ship them to me ASAP. I allready removed the back panel of the machine to have a look. Do you think that if I screw up installing those clip I'm going to void the warranty I have at the moment?
Eric,

I am in Canada too. Go here: (http://www.pp3dp.com/index.php?option=c ... ry&catid=2) and download the parts. Let me know which one you want and I will print it for you. Send me a PM with your address. I can likely do it faster than the company you bought the printer from. And cheaper. Canada Post will be less than $2. Printing is free.

Best Regards

Eric_at_Tamaggo

Post by Eric_at_Tamaggo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Thank you Garry,
I really appreciate your offer, it's really generous, but unfortunately the part I need is not on the list.
It is an injected part that holds the bearing, i'm not sure a printed part would be strong enough. I guess i'll have to wait for the USA reseller to answer my email... and we know there are not responsive at all...

Cheers

Eric

Garry

Post by Garry » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Eric_at_Tamaggo wrote:Thank you Garry,
I really appreciate your offer, it's really generous, but unfortunately the part I need is not on the list.
It is an injected part that holds the bearing, i'm not sure a printed part would be strong enough. I guess i'll have to wait for the USA reseller to answer my email... and we know there are not responsive at all...

Cheers

Eric
You're welcome. Sorry I could not help. Don't wait too long though. They might just need a little reminder that you are waiting for their response ... ;). Hope it gets fixed soon.