Printer extruder not heating up how do i test this?

Talk about anything.
nuproto

Printer extruder not heating up how do i test this?

Post by nuproto » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:37 pm

My printer stopped working midprint.. same for the heating bed. I replaced the printing head so i dont think the extruder heating element is the problem.. I cleaned out the contacts using a contact cleaner from the auto store. I'm beginning to think that is not the cable and it might be something on the motherboard. Has someone had this problem before? my printer is pretty much useless without the extruder working help

http://youtu.be/E8qm1saf2PM

wackojacko

Re: Printer extruder not heating up how do i test this?

Post by wackojacko » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Sounds like you'll need to get in touch with your supplier.
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

nuproto

Post by nuproto » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:38 pm

I bought this 3d printer from pp3dp.com which i just found out is the Beijin division of these 3d printers. I been getting horrible customer service from the beginning.. When my extruder head started to fail i was ignored and didn't get a new extruder head from them until i started to threaten them with bad publicity.

I gave PP3DP.com tons of publicity when i was published twice in wired.com, bussinessinsider.com, bloomberg, 3d artist magazine, etc. Now i'm stuck with a nonworking 3d printer and horrible customer service that doesn't seem to care. Honestly if i dont get this barely used 3d printer working in the next couple of days i'm getting another printer and contacting very single website where i named dropped your company and telling them to take out any mention of your company since i wouldn't want anyone buying a printer from a company who doesn't care about their costumers

Tiertime-Edward

Post by Tiertime-Edward » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:35 am

Hi Nuproto, pp3dp is located in Beijing. Maybe you didn't receive reply the same day you sent email and judge it bad customer service? Our service guys are trying the best to reply all technical support within our work days. I believe all your emails were replied the next day you open you mail box, and they offered you all the necessary solutions to solve your printer issue except it is our weekend or holiday.

They have been helping users with all technical issues, it is not because any one who threaten them, it is because you are the UP printer owner. Threathen them to get support, it is too cruel for those guys who are still working hard to help you. Hope you can make fair comment for our customer service, if there is something we can improve, please let us know.

Hope your printer works again soon.

Happy New Year.

nuproto

Post by nuproto » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:36 pm

I think part of the problem was a big misunderstanding. It was partially my fault for not following up. The problem i see with customer service is that i got very simple answers. My extruder heater is not working so i expected for someone to walk me through how to fix it or at least diagnose the problem. I was asked to measure the power on the extruder with a multimeter and i did. But i didn't receive a reply to my email till the day after. I read on the forums it could be dirty contacts or a faulty wire.. So i cleaned the contacts and tested the wire. However, these were probably not the issue.. So in the boards someone suggested it could be a burned out board.. Which i think might be the reason i got so angry the other day is because the boards helped me more than costumer service and i still don't know if i have a faulty board or is something else.. Which is very frustrating because my printer is been broken since the 24th

Customer service should set up a FAQ with common printer issues or at least help people diagnose most common printer problems.