platform not square

Talk about anything.
mec949

platform not square

Post by mec949 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:30 am

Just knoticed that the build plate on my up seems to have rotated clockwise a noticeable amount. It doesn't hit the primary pillar but if it keeps rotating...I don't think its my imagination but what part of the platform/pillar assembly would allow ?rotation of the build platform....one thing I can state is that the back edge of the build platform is not square with the top cross bar
:shock:

wackojacko

Re: platform not square

Post by wackojacko » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:02 am

Check that the thumb screws have not fallen out.
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

mec949

Post by mec949 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:26 am

wackojacko wrote:Check that the thumb screws have not fallen out.
Machine running atm. The 3 black s crews under the heating block do not seems to have move but I will check thoroughly tomorrow morning. Is that all that could cause said rotation.

mb20music

Post by mb20music » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:32 pm

When you replaced your platform heater board, you may not have tightened the screws fully. You do have to use caution when you tighten the two screws that are attached to the plastic belt block though, or it can break.. Or perhaps that is what happened, you over-tightened those two screws and it broke. If that is the case you can print out another one to replace it.

It is also possible that you just didn't have the heater board/belt block aligned straight when you tightened those screws. Make sure you have everything straight and aligned when you tighten the screws.
Make sure that the table is aligned straight before tightening the screws.

If you find that the belt block is cracked/broken you can find the file for it in the UP/examples folder on your computer.
It is named "BletBlock-X-V11.UP3"
Attachments
belt_block_x_v11.jpg
belt_block_x_v11.jpg (165.56 KiB) Viewed 3703 times