Extruder not heating up

Talk about anything.
nuproto

Extruder not heating up

Post by nuproto » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi guys

My old extruder was busted so I got a new one about two weeks ago. This one worked fine for a couple of
Prints but now the extruder is not heating up past 23.1 C.

I restarted the printer and unplugged it. But nothing is working.. I had many issues before but this one is a new issue and I have no idea how to fix it

Any help?

Astro

Re: Extruder not heating up

Post by Astro » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:47 pm

Hi Nuproto.
Did you replace the entire assembly or just some parts? I have run into this problem before with the up! when the joints on the heater element had
broken due to heat stresses.

Cheers,

Trent

nuproto

Post by nuproto » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:15 pm

i replaced the entire assembly.. same thing happened.. i then exchanged the extrusion head between both.. nothing happened.. then i went and bought a multimeter i'm getting a 0 reading from the red cables and a 3v reading from the blue cables

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:19 pm

I found that the connections to the contacts must be cleaned all, I use contact cleaner 3 in 1 professional. I also had problems with the heater nozzle and platform, now do maintenance every three months and clean all contacts and has improved 100%. Clean up the contacts on the board for each axis , all.

J

nuproto

Post by nuproto » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:19 pm

how do you clean your contacts? i bought some contact cleaner at the auto parts store but it didn't do anything. maybe i got to buy a different contact cleaner. was told this was maybe a bad cable but i dont think so since my heating bed stopped working at the same time.

wackojacko

Post by wackojacko » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Most likely the heating component on the motherboard is fried, you'll need to speak to your supplier.
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

nuproto

Post by nuproto » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Everything else on the printer is working correctly except the extruder and printing bed heating elements. i been emailing them for days but honeslty i'm getting more help here on the boards than with customer service at pp3dp.com