Successful Prints With Laywoo Filament on UP Plus 2!

Talk about anything.
cordawg92

Successful Prints With Laywoo Filament on UP Plus 2!

Post by cordawg92 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:26 pm

Hey guys,

I posted a little while ago about whether or not the UP Plus 2 could print well with Laywoo filament. I tried it for the first time tonight (After having it for over 2 months), and I was extremely impressed. I printed it at 190C on the ABS setting and it went very smoothly without any clogs (And this was after experimenting with Colorfabb on the same day). I simply slid on my glass plate, kept my raft setting enabled, chose solid fill, kept the fan opened, turned the temp to 190C and printed at normal speed and 0.2mm layer height.

Here are the results: http://imgur.com/a/aC35o

If anyone is nervous about trying this material with the UP, don't be. It prints very smoothly and I couldn't be happier with the result (You can barely even see the individual layers!)

JuliaDee

Re: Successful Prints With Laywoo Filament on UP Plus 2!

Post by JuliaDee » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:06 pm

Great, thanks! I've had similar trouble-free early results with Colorfabb's new "Wood Fill" filament using the PLA setting at full temp. It's a much lighter color than the Lay-Woo.

julia

roller

Post by roller » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:53 am

cordawg92 wrote:Hey guys,

I posted a little while ago about whether or not the UP Plus 2 could print well with Laywoo filament. I tried it for the first time tonight (After having it for over 2 months), and I was extremely impressed. I printed it at 190C on the ABS setting and it went very smoothly without any clogs (And this was after experimenting with Colorfabb on the same day). I simply slid on my glass plate, kept my raft setting enabled, chose solid fill, kept the fan opened, turned the temp to 190C and printed at normal speed and 0.2mm layer height.

Here are the results: http://imgur.com/a/aC35o

If anyone is nervous about trying this material with the UP, don't be. It prints very smoothly and I couldn't be happier with the result (You can barely even see the individual layers!)
Nice prints ... be aware that the Up Plus 2 really doesn't vary that much from the Up Plus (1) design so any material that works with the regular Up Plus should work exactly the same with the 2 - you just don't have to level the bed like the rest of us :p. So you should find similar experiences with Laybrick, nylon, tglase and soft filaments etc as has already been documented on the forum ... so don't feel like you need to blaze a new path and feel safe in your purchases of new materials and have a look through the forum history to see what the optimum settings for these materials might be.

amd-tec

Post by amd-tec » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:51 am

Nice pics, thanks for sharing experiments.
What kind of temp mod you have?

amd-tec
"3D design with intelligent printing"
http://www.amd-tec.com

cordawg92

Post by cordawg92 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:40 pm

I used the temperature switch sold by octave (the one with 8 resistors).