banned and dissaproved for asking about cookie cutters?

Talk about anything.
eternity5755

banned and dissaproved for asking about cookie cutters?

Post by eternity5755 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:07 am

Nice.. Real nice..
Can someone please explain to me, why was i banned?
i asked if someone has ever made a cookie cutter with the up mini.
my post was dissaproved for containing illegal links?!?!
only to be followed by a perm. ban from the boards??
nice step towards customer service.

Tiertime-Joseph

Re: banned and dissaproved for asking about cookie cutters?

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:34 am

Sorry,

Our forum has been targeted by SPAMMERS very often, and everyday hundreds of SPAMs. Our moderators have to review every post for new posters to keep this forum unbothered. Normally, we do a bulk delete and ban those suspects in a batch work. Some time some innocent posters got mixed up in the swarm of SPAMMERS, hence the mistake happened.

Please accept our apology, and we will do better job guarding this forum.

Thank you and happy printing.

Joseph

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:43 am

Hello Eternity,
welcome aboard! :-)
Don't be mad, it happens to me all the time (if my first name is not available, I register with my nickname... along with my .cc email address, that usually results in deletion right away ;-) )

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:30 am

Dear Joseph,

Thank you and pp3dp for all the work you do to keep the forum spam-free. I know it must not be easy but we really appreciate it and it is one of the things that makes this forum great.

Best regards,
Julia

Joseph.Guo wrote:Sorry,

Our forum has been targeted by SPAMMERS very often, and everyday hundreds of SPAMs. Our moderators have to review every post for new posters to keep this forum unbothered. Normally, we do a bulk delete and ban those suspects in a batch work. Some time some innocent posters got mixed up in the swarm of SPAMMERS, hence the mistake happened.

Please accept our apology, and we will do better job guarding this forum.

Thank you and happy printing.

Joseph

frodobaggins

Post by frodobaggins » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:08 pm

I know exactly how you feel. Every post I've made except for two have been disallowed. One time the reason was "contained a link to pirated software". Last week I posted about free .stl software and was told I was spam marketing. I've learned a lot from reading this forum and do understand the need to screen new postings. I have things to post about but it's really hard when every other post is disallowed. I just don't see how to get there from here.

DrewPetitclerc

Post by DrewPetitclerc » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:55 pm

JuliaDee wrote:Dear Joseph,

Thank you and pp3dp for all the work you do to keep the forum spam-free. I know it must not be easy but we really appreciate it and it is one of the things that makes this forum great.

Best regards,
Julia
I agree with this in LARGE CAPS! :D
Drew Petitclerc
Petitclerc Designs
Owner/Senior Principal Designer, prototype, tooling and test equipment design and 3D printing
http://flash-graphics.deviantart.com/
http://www.thingiverse.com/DrewPetitclerc

roller

Post by roller » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:08 am

DrewPetitclerc wrote:

Best regards,
Julia
Ditto and as a moderator on other forums I can say with certainty the problem is only getting worse and now computers can crack any captcha with 90%+ certainty the hurt is really going to begin. Good luck guys!

As an aside we have gone to almost exclusively pre register people getting kits and everyone else gets registered manually. Easier to read and approve registration emails than clean up dirty posts.

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:11 am

:geek: :?:
Last edited by josejuako on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:13 am

roller wrote:
DrewPetitclerc wrote:

Best regards,
Julia
Ditto and as a moderator on other forums I can say with certainty the problem is only getting worse and now computers can crack any captcha with 90%+ certainty the hurt is really going to begin. Good luck guys!

As an aside we have gone to almost exclusively pre register people getting kits and everyone else gets registered manually. Easier to read and approve registration emails than clean up dirty posts.

I agree

J

LonV

Post by LonV » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:20 am

Personally, cookies cutters really offend me! ;)

cj7hawk

Post by cj7hawk » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:04 am

I've never made a cookie cutter, but it's on my "to do" list... Some rolls of ABS come marked as "food grade" so I assume they don't have any harmful parts in them. They are usually white in color. In any case, anything that comes out of a UP printer came out at 250+ degrees, and landed on a bed of freshly printed plastic, so it's effectively sterile out of the box. It's also porous which may create problems cleaning, but I think if you dipped it in acetone, you'd solve most of the problems there. Alternately, if it was a one-use part ( then throw away ) then who cares about cleaning?

David.

roller

Post by roller » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:00 am

I've done novelty gingerbread cutter in PLA 3 Christmases in a row.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:38 am

I just printed a few cookie cutters, both from thingiverse and "hand made" :-)
We have so many food additives, chemicals in plastic bottles messing up our hormones, lead in children's toys, mercury in energy saving light bulbs, and we pollute our environment with so many dangerous substances, a bit of plastic that may contain a itty bit of perhaps unhealthy substances doesn't scare me anymore as much as it maybe shoud...

roller

Post by roller » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:06 pm

You are right and also it's about how the exposure occurs - I wouldn't want to use any of these around heat but the cold, short contact of a cookie cutter seems pretty safe. That said some pretty nasty stuff can be used in dyes. I use the natural/clear options as the most likely to be ok ... it's probably a flawed theory but hey!