Base Plate and Extruder Mix Up

Talk about anything.
joeystoll42

Base Plate and Extruder Mix Up

Post by joeystoll42 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:11 pm

So one of my schools Ups is out of commission. Last time I tried to print something, it sent all the layers do the printer but then before it started to print it "sang" this wierd little melody, not like the normal loud beeps it does before and after printing. Then it said the path could not be created or found I can't remember which. My professor also observed it and found it did something different. This is what he said;
As for the message, I am not sure that there was one. The software after sending the information to the printer returned a ridiculous time for a very small build (something that should take about an hour taking 75 hours) and also it returned a ridiculous amount of required material. The machine would then move the platform out of the way, and progress to move the head back and forth in front of the platform essentially trying to build in the air. Material would spill down over the front of the machine and onto the base where the electronics are. You are welcome to post my description of the failure above to see if anyone has any ideas.
Anybody have similar experiences or know a possible solution?

roller

Re: Base Plate and Extruder Mix Up

Post by roller » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:47 am

Have you tried another print on this printer since? I only asked because it may not be a problem with the printer but the software might have mangled the print job. Also I'd be a little sus about how the print is uploading and there's an app for checking the SD card (built in to the printer). Can someone with Windows chime in on that software and how to use it to check the SD?

hopefully wackojacko will chime in - he's the most likely to have seen or heard of such an absurd behaviour before.

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:23 pm

This is probably not very helpful, but I have heard that music. I'm not sure if it came from the PC or the printer. It happened the other day when I accidentally forced the Z axis while it was energized. Scared the heck out of me, but after removing power from the machine for a few seconds and re-powering, it was OK.

wackojacko

Post by wackojacko » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:25 am

You can get the up to play Christmas tree music by unplugging the USB during spooling
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

roller

Post by roller » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:36 am

wackojacko wrote:You can get the up to play Christmas tree music by unplugging the USB during spooling
So based on that it sounds like:
a) bad luck - try again
b) a faulty usb cable - replace
c) questionable USB port on the computer - try another
d) a faulty mainboard on your printer - hopefully not :)