Pre-heating and post-heating temperature

Talk about anything.
hajime

Pre-heating and post-heating temperature

Post by hajime » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:44 am

Hello, I need some expert advice. For the best printing, how long or how high should I heat the build plate before and after printing? Current, I wait until the build plate reaches 100c. Then, start the print job. I set no post-heating of build plate.

Somebody mentioned waiting until the print head to reach about 250c. Never got this high. Usually when the build plate is just over 100c, the print head temperature is about 25c.

wackojacko

Re: Pre-heating and post-heating temperature

Post by wackojacko » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:42 am

What you doing is right, I wait until it goes over 100c. Ensure the distance between the bed and the nozzle are equal (up plus)
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com

Need help with your printer, check out our Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/3dprinting ... /playlists

hajime

Post by hajime » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:45 pm

Thanks. Actually, what is the purpose for heating after the print job has completed?

LonV

Post by LonV » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:59 pm

You're doing it right. The post-heating would be if you wanted it to stay hot for another print.

roller

Post by roller » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:57 am

LonV wrote:You're doing it right. The post-heating would be if you wanted it to stay hot for another print.
Or if you have a print that is thin and will crack easily if it cools while still attached to the bed ... Some prints I need to keep on the heater until I can get them detached otherwise the shrinking while attached will cause splits all over.