I Love This Group

Talk about anything.
JuliaDee

I Love This Group

Post by JuliaDee » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:08 am

I've participated in many user forums on many topics and I must say, this group of users is among the nicest anywhere! We have members from just about every corner of the globe; I'd love to see one of those "push-pin" maps showing where we are.

Of course, the core element is the fact that we are all using a great product, so credit is due to pp3dp!

Just feelin' the love tonight :)

julia

Brandom

Re: I Love This Group

Post by Brandom » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:08 am

As I said the other day I am new in this world, and I am checking several forums and this seems to be the best one! :D

FallGuy

Post by FallGuy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Julia,

We do (or at least did) have a map showing where are the initial users were!

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF& ... a432aa9e69

It was set-up by one of the very early Up! owners TeamTeamUSA! out of LA. Quite a few of the very first buyers "put their pins" in on that map. Haven't heard or seen TeamTeam lately on the boards, hope he is still printing, as well as some of the early adopters who did some excellent work with those first generation machines. "Whystler" and his gnomes, "Linkerincarnate", "odiegel" who helped write/rewrite/improve the first user manual, etc.

Maybe everyone could update the map once more and show how things have grown and spread.

PS I also love looking at your projects! Your attention to detail is amazing. I am currently awaiting some parts to try and assemble your temperature control mod. I am finally going to go ahead and "hack" my early generation one machines! Keep up the good work.
Thanks,

FallGuy

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:21 pm

I love Julia is a big friend and best engineer . Take good photos and is very technique in search parts .
Thanks Julia I learn a lot of thinks .

Jose

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:06 pm

FallGuy wrote:Julia,

We do (or at least did) have a map showing where are the initial users were!

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF& ... a432aa9e69

It was set-up by one of the very early Up! owners TeamTeamUSA! out of LA. Quite a few of the very first buyers "put their pins" in on that map. Haven't heard or seen TeamTeam lately on the boards, hope he is still printing, as well as some of the early adopters who did some excellent work with those first generation machines. "Whystler" and his gnomes, "Linkerincarnate", "odiegel" who helped write/rewrite/improve the first user manual, etc.

Maybe everyone could update the map once more and show how things have grown and spread.

PS I also love looking at your projects! Your attention to detail is amazing. I am currently awaiting some parts to try and assemble your temperature control mod. I am finally going to go ahead and "hack" my early generation one machines! Keep up the good work.
Ha, I'm actually on that map so I guess I knew about it. TIme for more people to add their locations, I don't see any pins in South America!

Thanks for your kind words!

julia

JuliaDee

Post by JuliaDee » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:07 pm

josejuako wrote:I love Julia is a big friend and best engineer . Take good photos and is very technique in search parts .
Thanks Julia I learn a lot of thinks .

Jose
Thanks, Jose!

julia

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:09 am

I'm in South America and I bought my Up 3 years ago . Julia thanks for your words .

I'll see you later dear engineer . And change avatar and color hair . Jejeje

Jose

DrewPetitclerc

Post by DrewPetitclerc » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:31 am

I've been on the map a while, look to northern California, we are MOD 3D designs.
Drew Petitclerc
Petitclerc Designs
Owner/Senior Principal Designer, prototype, tooling and test equipment design and 3D printing
http://flash-graphics.deviantart.com/
http://www.thingiverse.com/DrewPetitclerc

josejuako

Post by josejuako » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:36 pm

UP

J

chippwalters

Post by chippwalters » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:49 am

Yup, a really great group full of wonderful advice and a willingness to help. And, a great testament to the confidence the pp3dp folks have in their product. I believe others don't have hosted user forums for fear of the community backlash. It appears the folks here are really proud of the robustness and usability of the UP! line of products.

Thanks!