How to increase Max Nozzle height

Talk about anything.
kay

How to increase Max Nozzle height

Post by kay » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi
I have been using the UP 3D Printer Plus for a while with a 9mm Polycarb. I have not switched to 6mm polycarb. The problems I'm facing is that the platform does not go high enough. It is restricted by the software for maximum allowed height. Is there a way to change this Max value when you are setting nozzle height? The max value set at present is 128.7 (Nozzle & Platform (Max:128.7, Cur:0.00)). I need the height to be around 137. Thanks

roller

Re: How to increase Max Nozzle height

Post by roller » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:29 pm

From memory, once you get up a certain height then you can only go up little bits at a time. So you have to put it up the highest it will go, then SET the height at that height. It will then let you go another 1mm. SET the height again and you can go another 1mm. SET again and so forth. I think it's meant as a safety measure so you can't just push the bed into the extruder accidentally ... only 1mm at a time which would do much damage.

So you go SET HEIGHT,
Move up,
set height,
move up,
set height,
move up.

You'll get to where you want eventually.

DrewPetitclerc

Post by DrewPetitclerc » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:29 pm

The easy way is to open a part then start a "Print Preview", in the first dialog box change the "Nozzle Height" to a nice large amount like 150, then close the print preview (you do not need to continue), now when you go to the maintenance menu you will see the "Max" 150 height is now available.

Regards
Drew
Drew Petitclerc
Petitclerc Designs
Owner/Senior Principal Designer, prototype, tooling and test equipment design and 3D printing
http://flash-graphics.deviantart.com/
http://www.thingiverse.com/DrewPetitclerc

roller

Post by roller » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:24 am

Of course... obviously the way I was told (through supplier) keeps the safety factor in play but is a little tedious. Thanks Drew.