How the Up Plus 2 compared with the Up Plus?

Talk about anything.
hajime

How the Up Plus 2 compared with the Up Plus?

Post by hajime » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:27 pm

Hello, has anybody made a comparison between the two in terms of print quality, print speed and ease of use? I have seen printouts from the Up Plus and the Stratasys Dimension. Surprisingly, the one made by the Up Plus seemed to be better.

pilotltd

Re: How the Up Plus 2 compared with the Up Plus?

Post by pilotltd » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:08 am

I've recently bought a UP Plus 2, the print quality is outstanding. I dont have a Plus so cant compare but it is far better than any print I've seen from any of the Reprap type printers.

I had one small issue - the x axis belt clamp hadn't been tightened properly and came loose after a few hours. Removed the cover, adjusted it, tightened the screws, perfect again. One thing I did notice that surely helps the quality of the prints is the use of decent linear slides, consequently there is no slop or backlash on any of the axis. Repeatabilty seems to in the order of hundredths of a millimetre! Way better than I expected :)

Steve

roller

Post by roller » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:35 am

I think you will see identical print quality as the print is generated with the same software for what is mechanically the same hardware. Up Plus 2 does have auto levelling and I think I saw mention that it may be able to upload prints faster (so maybe a quicker USB port). As I prefer manual leveling anyway (unless they have updated the software to not require a raft when using software leveling) then I prefer the plain old Up Plus.

hajime

Post by hajime » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:10 am

Hello, it has been awhile since I posted this. Any comments on how the two printers compared with each other?