Insane bridges in 3d Prints

Talk about anything.
Gilius

Insane bridges in 3d Prints

Post by Gilius » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:58 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b6hFFcLh_Q

I would love it if the UP supported this. It would save so much support material!

roller

Re: Insane bridges in 3d Prints

Post by roller » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:23 am

It would be nice if it was just this easy to print PLA on the UP. As for this much bridging it's very dependent on tuning it right, having the right PLA and having consistent environmental factors when you print - any change in any of those last 2 factors and your bridges fail and you need to retune all over again. There is a better chance of this being possible if there was a genuine UP PLA and most reliably on the Mini (with better fan ducting)

rsilvers

Post by rsilvers » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Don't know why people find it so difficult to hold their camera steady, or don't know to even try.

LonV

Post by LonV » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:51 pm

rsilvers wrote:Don't know why people find it so difficult to hold their camera steady, or don't know to even try.
haha, I was thinking the same thing...it was bugging me the whole time. :P

The bridging is cool though.

roller

Post by roller » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:05 am

OMG, you should see my gf take video - she loves to move so fast that watching the playback is like being on a rollercoaster!! Yuck! Anyway, I am thinking the new softouch PLA would seem to be an excellent spec for bridging (of course not on an untweakable Up!) - looking forward to getting mine.