3, yes 3, new TT printer models!!

Talk about anything.
Owen Sparks aka Marksman

3, yes 3, new TT printer models!!

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:53 pm

Wow, just accidentally clicked "home" rather than "active topics" to refresh the forum and saw info on three new printer models!!

But not a mention of them on the forum?

At first glance the features look a lot like we've been asking for :D

Owen S.
Last edited by Owen Sparks aka Marksman on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

brunningm

Re: 3, yes 3, new TT printer models!!

Post by brunningm » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:39 pm

Interesting.

That continuous print model would be good in a commercial setup. Not sure I'd trust it though seeing how hard it is to auto-level my Upbox but...maybe they've worked some kinks out.

They appear to still be using the same printheads that are currently in use, so still no E3D style nozzles, especially one of those Ruby ones for the really harsh stuff and longevity.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:22 am

Indeed, there seem to be some common parts (that awful nozzle height sensor for starters) but lets' see, it's not even out yet so these might be early photos.

Print queue software sounds interesting, but my word that scares me if it's the only software that can be used.

Touchscreen looks a bit tiny on the 300

Markforged already have a model called the "X5" so that might need a rethink!

Filament loading looks interesting. If those solid doors need to be hinged open then the design is worse than the upbox from a perspective of running multiple machines side by side.

LAN = wonderful.

2KG Filament rolls on the X5 = Even more wonderfuller.

Linear rails in the X5 sounds good at first but the design with an unsupported gantry is worrying. Isn't that why the cetus can show ghosting?

GCODE?

Price?

So many questions...

Owen S.

Tiertime-Elaine

Post by Tiertime-Elaine » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:08 am

Hey all,

Sorry that we haven't made an official announcement here. We will keep you guys posted about more details like price, release date...

As for your questions, Owen.
Gcode, yes.

Ant other aspects your guys would like to know?

Elaine

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Tiertime-Elaine wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:08 am
Hey all,
Sorry that we haven't made an official announcement here. We will keep you guys posted about more details like price, release date...
Gcode, yes.
Elaine
Hi Elaine good to hear from you, anything you can tell us would be great. It's exciting. I'd have welcomed one new model so three is great news. :D

(Question 1) You've already answered yes to GCODE so yippee :D

(Question 2) Will the new print queue software be able to talk to existing UPBOX machines or is it just for the new models?

(Question 3) There is a mention of a 2nd extruder. Are we talking dual colour prints, or soluble support media or both?

(Question 4) I've been looking at the Stratasys, in particular the F370. They have a big drawer on the front that has 4 individually sealed sections for filament rolls to drop into. Could you look into such a method? The side loading is a real pain if you have multiple printers.

(Question 5) Are they shipping to all worldwide markets at the same time or will they be introduced in one region first?

Thanks for your time,

Owen S.

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:16 am

I'm curious about the gcode implementation on the newer models.

Are we going to see direct communication from third party slicers or a similar system as now - exporting gcode from slicer and importing to upstudio?

If the first option is being looked at, any chance it will make itself available to the older printers, namely my upbox+

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Tue May 01, 2018 7:01 am

Any news Elaine?

Cheers Owen.

brunningm

Post by brunningm » Tue May 01, 2018 8:14 am

I just got a pre-order email from a local stockist

These are in AUD

x5 Contin-U-Print 3D Printer AU$5450.00

Printing Technology MEM (Melted Extrusion Modelling)

Extruder Single

Build Volume 180 × 230 × 200 mm (X,Y,Z)

Nozzle Diameter 0.2mm, 0.4mm, 0.6mm

Layer resolution 0.05/0.1/0.15/0.2/0.25/0.3/0.35/0.4

Extruder Maximum temperature 299℃

Extruder Maximum travel speed 200 mm/sec

XYZ accuracy XYZ 2, 2, 0.5 micron

Connectivity USB cable, Wi-Fi, LAN and USB Stick

Touch Screen 7″ colour LCD screen

Printed object accuracy ±0.1mm/100mm

Build plate maximum temperature 100℃

Calibration and Leveling Manual Calibration and Leveling

Print Surface UP Perfboard, Heated

Enclosure Full

Dual Filtration System HEPA and active carbon filters

Print Resume on Power Interrupt Yes

Pause to change the type of filament Yes

Out of filament detection Yes

Filament Compatibility UP Fila ABS, ABS+, PLA, TPU and more

Filament Diameter 1.75mm

Filament Spool Compatibility 500g - 2000g

Filament Spool Holder Compatibility 500g - 1000g

UP300 - AU$3150.00

Specification
Printing Technology MEM (Melted Extrusion Modelling)

Extruder Single

Build Volume 205 × 255 × 225 mm (X,Y,Z)

Nozzle Diameter 0.2mm, 0.4mm, 0.6mm

Layer resolution 0.05/0.1/0.15/0.2/0.25/0.3/0.35/0.4

Extruder Maximum temperature 299℃

Extruder Maximum travel speed 200 mm/sec

XYZ accuracy XYZ 2, 2, 0.5 micron

Connectivity USB cable, Wi-Fi, LAN and USB Stick

Touch Screen 7″ colour LCD screen

Printed object accuracy ±0.1mm/100mm

Build plate maximum temperature 100℃

Calibration and Leveling Automatic

Print Surface Perf Glass or Flex Glass, Heated

Enclosure Full

Dual Filtration System HEPA and active carbon filters

Print Resume on Power Interrupt Yes

Pause to change the type of filament Yes

Out of filament detection Yes

Filament Compatibility UP Fila ABS, ABS+, PLA, TPU and more

Filament Diameter 1.75mm

Filament Spool Compatibility 500g - 2000g

Auto-Swapping Build Plate Yes

Print queue Yes

Compatible with 3rd Party Materials Yes

depending on your needs, the cheaper option has the glass bed, but the more expensive model allows for continuous print (though they both say they have automated print platform changing...)

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Wed May 02, 2018 2:18 pm

Thanks for the info brunningm

You are now our designated technical officer :D

For those in the UK that equates to:-

X5 = £3000
UP300 = £1734

Interesting indeed.

Owen S.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Wed May 16, 2018 6:40 am

Hello Tiertime, is there anybody there?

It's been 3 weeks since you asked us if we had any questions, but you've not answered any of the questions... This does not inspire confidence in the new models!

Cheers,

Owen S.

Twmaster

Post by Twmaster » Thu May 31, 2018 5:56 am

I got to see the new UP300 in action at Maker Tree 3D in Richardson, Texas. It's a new take on the Up Box+ I *love* the way the new machine handles print beds. The demo machine has slide out print beds. One side is the usual perfboard the other is borosilicate glass. I'm quite interested in this. Especially since the way the new beds are designed you will not have to re-level if you flip the plate to use the other surface.

There is also a build plate with glass on one side and Builtak on the other.

No more futzing with trying to get all the screw heads latched down right on the build plates. :mrgreen:

There's also a glass side to the new beds. I've been looking for something other than Buildtak to get really nice first layer finish on PLA. Hates Buildtak I do. Hates!

The inside of the machine looks like the bed and mechanicals from the Up Box. There's a USB port inside the chamber presumably for a camera.

The machine on display is a pre-production demo model. It comes with three different extruder heads. One for PLA, one for flexibles and lastly one for higher temp materials like ABS etc.

If it can handle PLA better than my Up! Box+ I may consider the new UP300.

Also got to see the new X5 in action. The shop had one on demo briefly. It's odd. Seems kinda klunky the way it handles the production line way it seems to work.

Tiertime-Elaine

Post by Tiertime-Elaine » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:51 am

Hi Owen,

I am sorry for my absence here at the forum.

(Question 2) Will the new print queue software be able to talk to existing UPBOX machines or is it just for the new models?
Just new models.

(Question 3) There is a mention of a 2nd extruder. Are we talking dual colour prints, or soluble support media or both?
For now, it save to say that the 2rd extruder is made for soluble support. However, we are open to hearing other possible suggestions.

(Question 4) I've been looking at the Stratasys, in particular the F370. They have a big drawer on the front that has 4 individually sealed sections for filament rolls to drop into. Could you look into such a method? The side loading is a real pain if you have multiple printers.
Yes, we will definitely look more into that.

(Question 5) Are they shipping to all worldwide markets at the same time or will they be introduced in one region first?
Peoples based in North America probably will get the new printer faster then others.

Elaine

OwenSparks wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Tiertime-Elaine wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:08 am
Hey all,
Gcode, yes.
Elaine
Hi Elaine good to hear from you, anything you can tell us would be great. It's exciting. I'd have welcomed one new model so three is great news. :D

(Question 1) You've already answered yes to GCODE so yippee :D

Thanks for your time,

Owen S.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi folks.

Well some months have passed but here is a nice video for anyone interested showing the new models inside and out. About 27 mins long so has some detail.

There are some good things and some concerns but it's nice to see some real (all be it beta) machines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUbo_GWHUMo

Enjoy.

Cheers,
Owen S.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi All.

Question for Tiertime on the new X5:-

It looks like it only ships with a PLA extruder (unlike the set of 3 on the UP300) but also ships with only perfboards?

This seems strange as all the other TT printers the smooth boards are for PLA and the perfboards are for ABS.

I'm seriously interested in this machine but want to print in ABS on a perfboard and I also want to print PLA raftless.

What is the plan please Tiertime?

Kind regards,

Owen S.

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi Owen,

Nice talking to you on TCT.

The X5 does have the capability of printing ABS, PLA, TPU and other 3rd party's filament. It is only that the machine will be shipped with PLA head only. So is the flex board, which will be sold separately as consumables.

Joseph

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:09 pm

Thanks Joseph. Will they all be available at launch? As we're still waiting for other accessories that have been coming "soon" for over a year now I don't wish to order unless I know I can get hold of everything. :D

Cheers,
Owen s.