Nozzle too Hot Error Up Mini V2

Share your experience with UP mni 2!
BobP

Nozzle too Hot Error Up Mini V2

Post by BobP » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:08 am

Brand new Up Mini V2. First ever print. Printing a sample cube in ABS .2mm with raft. First two layers of raft print fine, but then I get a "Nozzle Too Hot" error.

Funny thing is, software on PC is set for ABS, but while it was printing, LED display on printer said it was printing in PLA. I double checked, and yes, I selected ABS, and at the top of the screen on the PC, it said I was printing in ABS ...

I hope my new machine isnt broken. I bought it to replace my old Up Mini because it broke.

Anyone else see this ?

BobP

Re: Nozzle too Hot Error Up Mini V2

Post by BobP » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:23 am

Day 2 of trying to print. PC has been off all night. Printer has been turned off all night as well. Used the power switch on back of Up Mini 2 to shut it off. Turned on PC. Turned on printer. Initialized printer. Temperature indicator on PC screen immediately shows 266 degrees. Actually it varies between 266 and 275 just like its showing a real temp reading. But the extruder head isnt even warm to the touch. If i go to maintenance screen and hit extrude, the printer immediately tries to extrude, even though the head hasnt started to heat. If i try to print, it starts to print immediately without even trying to heat the head.

Getting frustrated. No idea who to call to resolve the issue. Has anyone ever seen this issue ? Where do I send my printer in Canada for warranty repairs ? Its obviously busted ...

Tiertime-Joseph

Re: Nozzle too Hot Error Up Mini V2

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:37 am

Hi Bob,

Sorry to see your machine have problems.

Please contact our technical support team thru email: support@tiertime.com, or our support hotline for NA 888-288-6124.

Joseph