Software sorta works

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
westwood
Software sorta works

Post by westwood » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:25 am

Hello,

New here and I searched for my problem didnt find an answer, so sorry if this has been answered. I just got an up mini and it works awesome on a friends windows based computer but when I connect with my mac book pro osx 10.6.8 I have some problems. I can control the print head, platform, and set the nozzle height but when I try to use the auto level or platform calibrate it tells me I have a bad connection. When I click print the program immediately crashes. I have tried restarting my computer and printer with every version of software but have had the same issues every time. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

roller

Re: Software sorta works

Post by roller » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:51 am

You will find the Mac version a buggy disaster compared to the Windows version. There seem to be a lot of issues with success install so delete the App and try reinstalling, making sure you haev the latest version.

I don't have an Up 2 so unfortunately have never had to troubleshoot autolevel fetures with the Mac software so maybe someone else can chime in if it's a know flaw.

westwood

Post by westwood » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:48 pm

Ive tried reinstalling each version of the program about 3 times and had no luck. I could care less about the leveling features since I can do that manually, I would just really like to be able to transfer a print to the printer

brainzilla

Post by brainzilla » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:25 pm

The auto level and nozzle height detect are for other printers, not the mini.
Calibrate should work though. You need that.
Try reseating the SD card (take off back panel, on the main PCB there is the micro-SD slot on top (at least for my model)).

The Initialize option should also not work, right?

westwood

Post by westwood » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:42 am

I tried reseting and the initialize work just fine, but when I try to send my print to the printer the program still immediately crashes