New user having problem with Windows 8

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
PascalP

New user having problem with Windows 8

Post by PascalP » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:13 pm

Hello,

I just received my new UP Plus 2 "Easy 120" but i cannot install it on my computer which is running Windows 8.
Is that normal? I download the latest driver 2.0 but the printer is not recognized in my Control Panel. When I try to update the driver, Windows says that there is a problem with the driver and ask to download the latest version...

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (15.63 KiB) Viewed 5169 times

TAPPEDOUT

Re: New user having problem with Windows 8

Post by TAPPEDOUT » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:20 pm

Read my reply to another post, or search site for Windows 8 & 8.1 unsigned driver install mode.
I had problems with this too a few months ago, until I searched for solution.

Yes the UP Software works fine on Windows 8.0 and 8.1 it just takes a work around to install the unsigned driver for the UP Printer. You can Google for exact instructions. On the Modern Desktop, far right corner for settings, Change PC Settings, Update and Recovery, Advanced Startup, Restart and allow Unsigned Drivers. Something like that ! Then in Device Manager find the problem Driver and point driver update to the driver folder within the UP 2.0 downloaded software.
I just installed the driver again after my Windows 8.1 upgrade the other day, and all is well.

PascalP

Post by PascalP » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:55 pm

ok thank you for your reply. My driver are now installed but it seems that I have another problem...
The status of the printer give me an error like in the attached picture...
Any idea on this?

Thanks again ;)
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (3.34 KiB) Viewed 5147 times

Tiertime-Edward

Post by Tiertime-Edward » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:44 am

Initialize the printer, the error status will disappear.

PascalP

Post by PascalP » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:32 pm

That was what I tought but then this : http://youtu.be/MWXor5ks9iE

Cool to pay for a printer that doesn't work.. any idea?

TAPPEDOUT

Post by TAPPEDOUT » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Edward is correct! This must be done every time powered up or reset during a print. If you notice the stepper motors are not powered when first turn on, the tables can be moved by hand.
Once initialized the all axis power up and move until trips the home switches and sets reference point.