Z axis problems

talk about anything
fortony

Z axis problems

Post by fortony » Mon May 21, 2012 4:03 pm

I just got my printer this weekend . I went through the setup everything went well , ran the Z axis to the bottom and ran up at 50mm it stopped ; the motor ket running but it skipped the Z axis make loud noise and it wouldn't move. I was thinking either the bell loose or something wrong I don't know about, any experts here give me some advices would be appreciated. I'm new to this and i have sent email the them , waiting for the answer.
Attachments
stuck at 50.jpg
here is where it stucks
stuck at 50.jpg (139.92 KiB) Viewed 3422 times

whryly

Re: Z axis problems

Post by whryly » Mon May 21, 2012 4:24 pm

If the system is off, can you manually raise the bed past that point?
Does it move smoothly?
We had major problems with the Z-axis not working properly, it was jumping and chattering. If I moved it manually, I could feel that it was not smooth at points, and it was not always at the same places, so something else was not happy (I suspect the bearing was NG)

I also had the problem where the z-axis would DROP mid-print.

Keep us posted.

fortony

Re: Z axis problems

Post by fortony » Mon May 21, 2012 4:46 pm

yes I can manually raise the bed past that point and it moves not really that smooth.I had to manually move it to the bottom before i reinitialize the printer then it would come to 50mm the same spot it will be jumping and chattering bad.I have sent email to them hopefully i got the answer , i'll keep it posted.
thanks for your reply.