Failed extruder/print head and back plate

Official Announcement from UP team
Tone

Failed extruder/print head and back plate

Post by Tone » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi i have a up mini 2..well my daughter does for uni work...but i set up and maintain it for her.. its worked ok for a nearly a month since buying it but over the last few days it had starded making noises and would not print flat objects like coasters /name tags.. i checked settings and double checked..

it would print a raft fine then after a few layers of the modle being printed it would just lift.. i checked level of build plate . re calibrated all the usual and i spent all night racking my brain what the problem might be.. i wasted over a kilo of fillament sitting up watiching the printer fail at the same spot every time.. even though i used slower speeds and lower layer hights off set the printer head everything

this morning i was at my wits end and and thought id go for one last print which i started a 4 inck x 4 inch x 4mm locker name tag.. raft printed fine as usaul then when it got to roughly layer 4 same problem and wow i black piece of plastic fell onto the build plate

i looked closely at the print head and you could see it was slightly listing one way

i have taken off the head and the photos clearly says it all

the back plate has failed so no matter how often i re level the bed and nozzel it will fail when printing.. also the head will not reach full temp

i cannot find spare back plates for the head..there are none to be printed on the website and now i am having the run around trying to get some spares or a replacement head under waranty as the company i bought from has to contact Tie Time for supposrt

can anyone help Please? if Tier Time read this can you help ?

we pay well over the odds for items here in the uk more than a third more than any other country so we expect things to last longer than 4 weeks

cheers all
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (147.31 KiB) Viewed 7255 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (256.24 KiB) Viewed 7255 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (300.4 KiB) Viewed 7255 times

bjorn

Re: Failed extruder/print head and back plate

Post by bjorn » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:05 pm

I haven't put in the hole pattern for the extruder yet, but if you want to measure out where the holes go and put up a sketch I can put up a remix while you wait for Tiertime, which sadly can be a while..

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3069512

bjorn

Post by bjorn » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:46 pm

You could try this, sadly mine broke down again otherwise I'd print and test.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3460002

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:55 pm

Which country are you in and who did you buy from? If you're in the UK I'd be happy to print the bit and post it to you?
Owen S.

bjorn

Post by bjorn » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:04 pm

I realised after posting the thread was, ehm, old... But hey, part is still available :D

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:53 am

Whoops!

Did we still beat TT support?

Owen S.