So I'm throwing out the Tiertime electronics and installing a Duet maestro instead, and as I've come up with a plan that so far doesn't require soldering or modifications of existing hardware I figured I'd share the progress. Still need to work out ethernet and power wiring into the case. After the basic electronics are replaced and found working satisfactory I will replace the hotbed, and likely the linear rails as some of my plastic clips holding the smooth rods broke.
The main reasons this requires no modifications to existing hardware is
PanelDue + 4.3" LCD can be screwed in with 2 of 4 screws from existing LCD.
FPC cable to heated bed can be connected to FPC adapter link below.
All motors and sensors can be connected to Duet via adapter wires from original XH2.54 or 2x8 ribbon.
Duet PT100 daughter board support existing thermistors.
Do not solder crimp connectors, get the reasonably priced IWISS-2412M / IWISS-2820M crimper. Or Engineer PA-09 which is a little more pricy, but better quality, they'll crimp pretty much anything you'll ever need to crimp as a hobby electronics nerd. Its possible to buy the male XH2.54 complete with 26AWG wire, but I think this is too thin for motors and fans so I'll be making my own 22AWG or so.
The adapters will work with cheaper RAMPS electronics as well, but requiers another PT100 amplifier solution.
BoM (work in progress):
- Duet Maestro: https://www.duet3d.com/Duet2Maestro
- Duet Maestro clone w/4.3" LCD: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cloned- ... 09472.html (cannot recommend this vendor after all)
- 40 Pin extension: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Flexibl ... 26374.html
- FPC Adapter: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-0mm-o ... 16157.html
or https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OOTDTY- ... 33232.html + solder +
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10pcs-D ... 66980.html
- IWISS crimping tools: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/IWISS-M ... 12863.html
- 22AWG precut: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100Pcs- ... 69397.html
- 22AWG Silicone wire(nicer than PVC above): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10M-lot ... 69514.html