G-Code Tutorial errors for Up Box+

Coffee place for all the Uppers. Discuss about UP techniques, sharing ideas and tips. Coffee is on the house. :)
yeahtuna

G-Code Tutorial errors for Up Box+

Post by yeahtuna » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:22 am

Can someone looks at this screenshot from the G-Code tutorial. Does it make sense that the homing commands for the start and stop scripts are different.

I ask because using the what's provided in the turtorial makes my printer erratic after a print and I'm forced to manual stuff down the machine after the print finishes to prevent it from going into convulsions.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (158.93 KiB) Viewed 3019 times

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Re: G-Code Tutorial errors for Up Box+

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:31 am

Hi, yes this is a known issue, if you have a look through that GCODE thread I linked you to you'll see the tweak required to stop your printer from trying to destroy itself at the end of a print.

It's rather disappointing that TT don't seem to care that their tutorial instructions want to damage our machines.

Cheers,
Owen S.
Last edited by Owen Sparks aka Marksman on Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brunningm

Re: G-Code Tutorial errors for Up Box+

Post by brunningm » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:22 pm

yeahtuna wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:22 am
Can someone looks at this screenshot from the G-Code tutorial. Does it make sense that the homing commands for the start and stop scripts are different.

I ask because using the what's provided in the turtorial makes my printer erratic after a print and I'm forced to manual stuff down the machine after the print finishes to prevent it from going into convulsions.
Capture.PNG
Yeah, I can't believe this is still part of the instructions to be honest. Marksmen spotted that a long time ago. Whenever I set up gcode for whatever reason I always have to double and triple check that section.