Not connecting to the computer

Support for UP BOX and UP BOX+. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
BenjaminDavies

Not connecting to the computer

Post by BenjaminDavies » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:32 am

Hi guys

hoping someone can help. My UPBOX is connected via USB and it has just suddenly decided that it doesnt want to talk with the computer anymore. It has worked fine for months and now suddenly UPSTUDIO cant connect or find the printer.

Any thoughts?

tel

Re: Not connecting to the computer

Post by tel » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:41 am

Have you tried using a different USB port (say one on the back if using the front port). It maybe a USB problem. Also check that a different USB device works on the port the printer is plugged into.
Secondly I would try using a different PC if you have one to try to work out whether your problem is PC related or Printer related.

bseng23

Post by bseng23 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:40 pm

I'm having the same issues. I was able to print before, and now with the software update, the printer doesn't connect via USB.

Has anyone had this issue?

Silvood

Post by Silvood » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:29 pm

Just download the "UP Studio Version BETA 2.1.0.8"
Its worked for me, as it seems to be a bug in the lastest release.
Took me 2 hours ton think of this solutions after trying everthing ^^

Tiertime-Elaine

Post by Tiertime-Elaine » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi Guys,

The issues you guys had probably caused by missed driver files. Could you please give it a try to install the driver files or go with the easier way that reinstalls the software.

Let us know the result.

Elaine

TheMadRobot

Post by TheMadRobot » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi

I am having the same issue with my Up Plus V2 printer. The problem started happening in the middle of December 2017 after completing a print and then the printer lost the connection to the computer. I have tried restarted both the printer and computer several times, connecting the printer to other computer and tried using other USB cable. No computer can seem to see the printer?

I also have an UP box which connects and works on all the computers I have tried connecting the UP plus to.

When I switch the UP plus printer on the initialise led on the front of the printer is a solid green and then after about 1minute it starts flicker as if it seems to be processing something.

I contacted the Up support team and explained the issue and they think it is either be an issue with the motherboard or the CPU. As the printer was bought in 2015 it is now out of warranty and I am trying to repair it myself.

I have taken the motherboard out of the print and inspected it and found a cracked diode DJ1 which is linked to the relay DS01. The cracked diode is shown on the image below
DJ1 cracked diode.JPG
DJ1 cracked diode.JPG (117.05 KiB) Viewed 6578 times
I have replaced DJ1 with a new diode, reassemble the printer but it still won’t connect to any computer.

Does anyone have a circuit diagram for the motherboard for the UP plus so I can do more fault finding?

Can anyone give me any advise how to solve this issue?

Please help
Thank you
Gareth Haylings

ricks01

Post by ricks01 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:26 pm

I am pretty sure the UP! Plus and the UP! Box use the same CPU board, you can try swapping the CPU boards to see if the CPU board is the issue.

Tiertime-Elaine

Post by Tiertime-Elaine » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:05 am

ricks01 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:26 pm
I am pretty sure the UP! Plus and the UP! Box use the same CPU board, you can try swapping the CPU boards to see if the CPU board is the issue.

Hi Guys,

Just want to clarify that please don't attempt to swap the CPU board across the different type of machine, they are not the same and it may damage your printer.

Elaine

TheMadRobot

Post by TheMadRobot » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:30 am

Hi Elaine

Is the a circuit diagram for available for the up main board and CPU board so I can try and trace the fault?

Thanks
Gareth

Tiertime-Elaine

Post by Tiertime-Elaine » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:35 am

themadrobot

Sorry for the late reply, but I will have to check with our engineer first, then getting back to you soon.

Elaine