Up Studio 0.10 is now out lets put bug reports here

Support for UP Software. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
ideas108

Up Studio 0.10 is now out lets put bug reports here

Post by ideas108 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:45 am

Hi All

In settings there is an option to turn on or off the ability to collect information from our equipment HOWEVER the privacy statement is not in English

regards

John

Tiertime-Jason

Re: Up Studio 0.10 is now out lets put bug reports here

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:41 am

The Mac version is released as well. It now has the same quality as the Win version.
The Iphone app is waiting for approval right now, will be available very soon.

amd-tec

Post by amd-tec » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:20 pm

Please,
- add the volume information when the part is clicked in virtual platform.
- spacemouse support
- in scale option add the alternative to chance the dimensions also (x,y,z)
"3D design with intelligent printing"
http://www.amd-tec.com

Matchpoint

Post by Matchpoint » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:52 pm

I have a very good computer and it is still laggy.

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:25 am

The ios version of UP Studio is now available for download from apple app store.
If you find any bugs, feel free to report here or anywhere.
Thanks guys.

tel

Post by tel » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:33 pm

Am I missing something here? I've loaded the IOS app but it cant find the printer as I'm assuming the printer needs to be wifi. Is that the case or will this work if I connect the printer via the router?

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi Tegregg

Currently in order to print from the app, you need to have the UP mini 2 or the later UP BOX upgrade for WIFI.
So right now, I think there is no way you can print from the app.

tel

Post by tel » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:08 pm

Jason
So is there now an upgrade for the UPBox for wifi? I know you mentioned it earlier, but hadnt heard it had been released. Where do I find info on this?

steelmans

Post by steelmans » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:28 pm

Why are all these versions being made available without any changes relating to feedback they have received? They aren't listening!

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:46 pm

Guys,

We have been listening with carefully. Please understand hardware upgrading is not easy. Lots of testing are needed, and if you add the distribution network into account, it will take more time.

One thing is sure. The update is on the way.

Thanks for the patience.

Joseph

toto44

Post by toto44 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:58 am

Please make the settings for other filaments!!!

ideas108

Post by ideas108 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:36 am

Feedback on the 64 Bit Installer

Hi Jason

1. Please see if the conditions of use can be on a white background its very very difficult to read.

2. The Share option has 2 icons for platforms that are I assume specific to the Chinese? market - can the labels be english for consistency please.

3. In Version 0.9 there was a useful beta guide to the studio software. I assume its being reworked into a better user guide - it was handy

4. The login to your account in the My area appears to not be working

Regards

John

skaman82

Post by skaman82 » Thu May 05, 2016 12:48 pm

I have UP Studio running on a Mac with OSX 10.11.5 with the UPMini Printer.
Following bugs I noticed or things I am missing:

• BUG: When I go to maintenance and click on extrude or withdraw the app crashes after 10 seconds.
• It would be nice to have a platform preheat button in the maintenance dialogue like in the old UP Software.
• Also It would be nice to have a option to heat the printbed after the print is finished for 10/20/30 Minutes.

skaman82

Post by skaman82 » Thu May 05, 2016 1:02 pm

I am using a UPmini Printer with mac osx 10.11.5. and UP Studio 0.10.
Every time I click on extrude or withdraw the app crashes.
So not usable at all to change material.

mrt

Post by mrt » Mon May 09, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi toto44

Please refer to this thread where Joseph has revealed that Nozzle Temp Control is in the final release of UP Studio

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=55292
Michael
3D Printing Solutions
www.3dprintingsolutions.com.au

arhi

Post by arhi » Tue May 10, 2016 9:12 pm

0.0.0.10, UP2Plus!
- still no way to preheat the bed
- still no way to set the bed temp
- still no way to set the extrusion temp (even with original pp3dp filament sometimes it is required to print cooler due to part features, overhangs, bridges, small pieces etc.. I hacked the printer pushing a potentiometer between printer and the sensor in order to be able to drop temp by variable degree)

now, regarding the UI, if you really must do this metro crap full screen tile design add a minimize button as I don't plan to be staring at this screen for hours while printer is running.. then animate the minimized icon in the taskbar showing percentage finished for your running print.

then, would be cool to have more options to configure but even existing parameters you can't make a set of predefined configs, I want to make few named configs for e.g. "pro7extra" profile where I'll set layer height to 0.15mm, fine "speed", turn off raft, turn on "thin walls", turn off support, set surface to 6 layers... and I'll save "draft4dull" as 0.4mm layer, fast "speed", off on thin walls, on for support, surface to 1 layer etc etc ..

and finally, "preview" ?!?!? what does preview do? calculate the toolpats and then don't show them :( .. the really cool feature would be to show the generated g-code (or whatever you generate as toolpatsh) in the 3d manner so that we can preview what will happen, how the printer will go trough part (and then decide if that's what we want or maybe we decide to rotate/reposition part in order for slicer to slice it differently)

Thanks for involving us in the development :D

arhi

Post by arhi » Tue May 10, 2016 9:35 pm

a bug in slicer (why a toolpath preview would make sense, so I don't have to wait 4hours to see slicer fscked up)

printed part:

STL (original stl attached):

Settings:

marked

so, I clearly marked no support ... what happened to numbers on the bottom face? what happened to the brim of the middle cutout hole? what is the support on the middle bottom oval doing there also?!

and worse of all, what the fsck is this infill in the hole bottom left ?!?!?!

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Wed May 11, 2016 9:54 am

Right now support up to a certain height will still be printed even select no support. However you can try increase the support area threshold see if it can remove the remaining support.

The other strange infill could be due to defective surface at affected area (I guess it does not need 4 hours for someone to notice ;) ). See the attachment.
As you also checked the "Unsolid Model" which actually autofix the model's defective surfaces. However the fixing capability of current algorithm is quite limited, so if the defect cannot be fixed properly, something unpredictable will happen. I guess the infill like stuff is generated when software try to fix the surface.

the solution for the strange infill could be:
1. Repair your model (using something like netfabb)
2. Uncheck "Unsolid Model"
EM截图_2016511172316.jpg
EM截图_2016511172316.jpg (130.91 KiB) Viewed 16930 times

arhi

Post by arhi » Wed May 11, 2016 1:50 pm

I know that weird face was there that's why I used "unsolid model" but that infill really killed it (I don't watch my printers print for more then 9 years now, I let them print and I do something else :D ) ... weird 2.18 printed this object perfectly (even it did not use support at all :D ) ..

the "real preview" is imo a killer feature, with other slicers I get g-code export and I can preview it using mine or some 3rd party apps, but with UP! I can't do nothing but wait :(

aesdaileblp

Post by aesdaileblp » Mon May 16, 2016 3:47 am

The lack of any kind of toolpath preview - something that is available on almost every other slicer out there, including FREE ones - is proving to be the Up Box's downfall. Great machine - great hardware - abysmally bad software with not commitment to support from Tiertime. We won't be buying a second machine for our interstate office, we'll find a printer that is compatible with software such as Simplify3D.

Many other people on this forum have requested 'path preivew' for months, and the only new "features" in the software is a new interface, which gives us nothing. No custom control over temperature. No custom control over support. No custom control over raft structure. No 'advanced' fill settings (economic hex-style fills, used on Simplify3D etc for more than 2 years). But most lacking of all:

NO PATH PREVIEW - No way of telling in advanced that a given print is likely to fail.

This post is made from the frustration of another ruined print, where the Up slicer printed infill ABOVE part of the print, ruining it. The model checked out in 3DS Max STL-Check function, and the UP software showed no errors. The slicer appears to have completely ignored entire chunks of this print, randomly. The print took 40 hours, was a reprint of an earlier one that worked perfectly, but with print set to 'FINE' and 0.15mm instead of 0.2mm pitch. Why such simple changes should result in a bad print is beyond me; but PATH PREVIEW WOULD HAVE STOPPED US WASTING 40 HOURS & 200g FILAMENT!
Adrian Esdaile
Senior Project Architect
Billard Leece Partnership Pty Ltd
Architects & Urban Planners
http://www.blp.com.au