2017 Seasonal Discount Coupon Codes

Official Announcement from UP team
Mike

2017 Seasonal Discount Coupon Codes

Post by Mike » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:47 pm

PoorShepherds-600.jpg
PoorShepherds-600.jpg (29.02 KiB) Viewed 7579 times
It's that time of year again. Do you really want another hideous tie or sweater you wouldn't let your dog wear in public?

Make sure your loved ones know about Tiertime's Discount Coupon Codes, good for purchases in the UP Store through December 31. Note: These discount codes are limited to one per customer. You cannot make multiple purchases using these codes.

8C56ZBNZNW3N – $20.00 off entire order • Minimum purchase of $100.00

X4MVGR381BRE – $50.00 off entire order • Minimum purchase of $200.00

Remember, your family pet doesn't want that sweater any more than you do.
Dog-Sweater1-600.jpg
Dog-Sweater1-600.jpg (17.51 KiB) Viewed 7579 times

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Re: 2017 Seasonal Discount Coupon Codes

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:28 am

Tiertime_mike,

Like many people here I want to upgrade the firmware in my UPBOX machines so we can use GCODE.

The CPU's to do so used to cost $50. They now cost $400!

This is a totally unfair price for such a cheap to manufacture component.

Your sale price takes the price for a pair from $800 + international shipping all the way down to $750 + international shipping.

To put this in perspective I just upgraded the firmware in my Markforged printer by pressing the "automatically upgrade firmware from cloud" button on the touchscreen. It was free and took less than a minute to complete.

Please will you release a batch of CPU's at a reasonable charge to your loyal but very upset customers?

Kind regards,

Owen Sparks

GPG2

Post by GPG2 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:13 pm

I have a upgrade kit I will sell for $200

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:21 pm

quote from "GPG2"I have a upgrade kit I will sell for $200

Thanks for the offer GPG2, unfortunately if I go ahead I need 2 and would need a warranty, so not for me, but hopefully someone else will take up your offer.

Cheers for the reply though.

Owen S.
Last edited by Owen Sparks aka Marksman on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edward

Post by Edward » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:03 am

@OwenSparks
If you just want to upgrade the firmware to use Gcode on your UP BOX, you don't have to upgrade the CPU. You can just upgrade your UP Studio to UP Studio 2.0 version or later, you can use Gcode with your printer.

The CPU upgrade is not firmware upgrade, it is hardware upgrade. The new CPU will release new functions, like WIFI connection, Blackout recovery, etc. These new CPUs have been used on new printers like UP BOX+ and UP mini 2. We have the loyal customers in mind, and when we released these new printers last year, we came out with an upgrade program for the old UP users and they only need to pay $50 for each during Nov and Dec, 2016.

Please try out it with the latest UP Studio version.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:16 pm

Edward wrote:@OwenSparks
If you just want to upgrade the firmware to use Gcode on your UP BOX, you don't have to upgrade the CPU. You can just upgrade your UP Studio to UP Studio 2.0 version or later, you can use Gcode with your printer.

The CPU upgrade is not firmware upgrade, it is hardware upgrade. The new CPU will release new functions, like WIFI connection, Blackout recovery, etc. These new CPUs have been used on new printers like UP BOX+ and UP mini 2. We have the loyal customers in mind, and when we released these new printers last year, we came out with an upgrade program for the old UP users and they only need to pay $50 for each during Nov and Dec, 2016.

Hi Edward. As far as I'm aware not one person on the forum has been able to print GCODE on an original UPBOX CPU. Several of us have tried. We've been asking for months for TT to comment on whether it's even meant to work on the original UPBOX but have had no support at all. We've been trying each new version of studio.

Please see this thread for some of the train wreck so far:-
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=56018

and
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=56013

If it can be made to work on the old CPU then great, but all the evidence so far suggests it will not...

I appreciate there was an upgrade offer originally in 2016 but as I had no need for Wifi at work there was no point. Now GCODE is here it seems the new CPU is necessary to be able to get anything to work.

Again £400 is not an acceptable price for such a component. I can buy an UP Mini 2 for £500 in the UK, so presumably that means that all the other components inside combined come to a total £100? No, of course they don't. So please be fair to your customers.

I've tried my best with TT. Both our upboxes were sent back under warranty when they failed, one of them has been back twice. My repaired UPBOX then failed with a different hardware problem on the very first print when eventually sent back. A brand new extruder was faulty out of the box and now we have this situation with GCODE & original CPU's. Oh and of course the warranty was not extended to cover the weeks we were without our printers. :roll:

It's all hugely disappointing from a customer's perspective.

Please let us know how you wish us to proceed.

Regards,

Owen S.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:04 am

quote from "OwenSparks" quote="Edward"@OwenSparks

Hi Edward. As far as I'm aware not one person on the forum has been able to print GCODE on an original UPBOX CPU. Several of us have tried. We've been asking for months for TT to comment on whether it's even meant to work on the original UPBOX but have had no support at all. We've been trying each new version of studio.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=56018
and
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=56013

If it can be made to work on the old CPU then great, but all the evidence so far suggests it will not...

I appreciate there was an upgrade offer originally in 2016 but as I had no need for Wifi at work there was no point. Now GCODE is here it seems the new CPU is necessary to be able to get anything to work.

Again £400 is not an acceptable price for such a component. I can buy an UP Mini 2 for £500 in the UK, so presumably that means that all the other components inside combined come to a total £100? No, of course they don't. So please be fair to your customers.

I've tried my best with TT. Both our upboxes were sent back under warranty when they failed, one of them has been back twice. My repaired UPBOX then failed with a different hardware problem on the very first print when eventually sent back. A brand new extruder was faulty out of the box and now we have this situation with GCODE & original CPU's. Oh and of course the warranty was not extended to cover the weeks we were without our printers. :roll:

Regards,

Owen S.

3DWP

Post by 3DWP » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:28 pm

OwenSparks wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:04 am
quote from "OwenSparks" quote="Edward"@OwenSparks

https://www.up3d.com/community/viewtopi ... 20&t=56018
and
https://www.up3d.com/community/viewtopi ... 20&t=56013

Regards,

Owen S.
On Instagram I was told that the firmware version of my Up Box is too low to handle gcode. If Tiertime after all this effort from our end and all this time will not support their loyal Up Box customers I will sell all my Tiertime printers and move to a brand that does support gcode.

I already have a Raise3D and maybe I will get a Craftbot 3 - those have dual nozzles and a large build volume.

Just really disapointed by this, I have supported TT for years but expected a little more help with this whole gcode ordeal.