First 3 layers are thicker

Share your experience with Cetus. You can also visit www.cetus3d.com
skatman

First 3 layers are thicker

Post by skatman » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Hi,

Have a Cetus 3D MK II, using UPstudio.

Printing without raft, with 0.4 nozzle and 0.2 layer height.
All my print have first 3 layers visibly thicker. This add up ~0.5 mm of Z height all the time. Maybe someone found how to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

TiertimeBrook

Re: First 3 layers are thicker

Post by TiertimeBrook » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:23 am

Hi
Printing without raft may cause this issues because when the build plate not be leveled well, the first layers will make a compasation on the different point to make sure the leveling of the whole prints, So You'd better print with raft for a better prints .

Regards
Brook

Zardal

Post by Zardal » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:02 pm

TiertimeBrook wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:23 am
Hi
Printing without raft may cause this issues because when the build plate not be leveled well, the first layers will make a compasation on the different point to make sure the leveling of the whole prints, So You'd better print with raft for a better prints .

Regards
Brook
Thank you for this answer, I had the same issue!

skatman

Post by skatman » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:52 pm

Is it possible tu turn this off ? It print perfectly without raft, and I really don't like rafts.

TiertimeBrook

Post by TiertimeBrook » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:07 am

Hello,
You can choose the NO Raft model in printing setting.

simon@sipixx.com

Post by simon@sipixx.com » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:32 am

You did not answer that person's question.. He is printing without a raft but your software is printing the first three layers thicker than the rest of the print. Even when you have No Raft selected...... is There a fix for this. I am having the same issues

bjorn

Post by bjorn » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:32 pm

No its not a setting in the current version, and Tiertime doesn't understand why it would be an issue so they're not gonna fix it. Same goes for supports on the first few layers even if you say "No Supports" it'll generate support to small overhangs on the first layers.

Your options are to try to generate compatible gcode outside Up! studio or do a Tiertimectomy and put in some more open source like hardware. I''ll be installing a Duet Maestro and posting details in another thread over the next few weeks - should be a very non-invasive procedure on the UP Mini 2 at least.