printing pla

Share your experience with UP300!
Furn

printing pla

Post by Furn » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:56 pm

i tried printing pla with no more success than in my up box . after a few attempts the hot end blocked upon disassembly i discovered that the hot end is exactly the same as the one in my up box . no PTFE tube and no way to fit it . is this normal or a incorrectly made extruder my local dealer is not open again till the 14 of January so can't ask him.

TiertimeBrook

Re: printing pla

Post by TiertimeBrook » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:20 am

Hello,
We do use same hotend on UP300 as UP BOX ,That is normal.
Did the material was setted to PLA before the printing? We did lots of tests on UP300,it can print with PLA perfectly, Please check if there are some wrong settings on material type.

We will keep following up on this issue.

Furn

Post by Furn » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:23 am

hi Brook yes all the setting were for pla tried adjusting the temps up and down .the thing is that the manual says that it has a ptfe tube which my one doesn't and the spare tube supplied will not go in the hot end . on the Tiertime web site in the tricks and tip it shows it in there as having a ptfe tube also i notice that all the print heads in there have black wiring covers but my pla head has yellow the same as the up box .

Furn

Post by Furn » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:37 am

also i just noticed that looking from the underside of the tpu print head that the locating square is larger than the pla one.

cj7hawk

Post by cj7hawk » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:24 pm

Just a thought - I'm having trouble understanding what's not working with your description, so the Tiertime guys might also have trouble understanding - It could be worth adding some photographs.

I found PLA printed just fine, though ironically, after so many people told me PLA was cleaner than ABS, I found the opposite true - but the prints still came out pretty good both ways, especially on 100 micron layers.

So it's entirely possible it's just your machine, though if I encounter problems I'll let you know.

David.

Furn

Post by Furn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:47 am

David call me dumb but i can't for the life of me add the photos i have can you help

cj7hawk

Post by cj7hawk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:57 pm

You need to upload the images to an image hosting platform and then post the links here

eg; go to imgur.com, click on new post, drag the image to your browser where is says to drop it, and when it shows the link up the top and the image, right-click on the image, and "copy image address" then click on the picture icon and paste it in there.

Or paste the URL from imgur.

There are other sites that host pictures too.

David

Furn

Post by Furn » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:20 pm

Image Image Image
in photo 1 from the underside you can see the difference in the extruder shaft diameter there is also a 3mm height difference .
in photo 2 shows the wiring differences , photo 3 you can see that the hole is not big enough to take the ptfe tube .

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:07 pm

cj7hawk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:57 pm
You need to upload the images to an image hosting platform and then post the links here

eg; go to imgur.com, click on new post, drag the image to your browser where is says to drop it, and when it shows the link up the top and the image, right-click on the image, and "copy image address" then click on the picture icon and paste it in there.

Or paste the URL from imgur.

There are other sites that host pictures too.

David
Hi that's one way but this forum will do it for you, so no need for an external host. There is an "Attachments" tab in the post. Once attached a picture can be "added inline" for it to show up in the message text.

Cheers,
Owen S.