Upgrades and Firmware revisions we'd like for the UP300

Share your experience with UP300!
cadcam

Re: Upgrades and Firmware revisions we'd like for the UP300

Post by cadcam » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:51 pm

I agree re the accuracy of the feed measured by the head, but as reel weights are often known quite accurately the combination of changes in reel+filament weight and length usage, as measure by the feed, should help give even more accurate predictions of end of spool etc.

Re I2C I wouldn't suggest using the main I2C bus for user devices , but a second... run via a hub or switch to give independance from the main control system but allowing easier addition of multiple functionality. Also if any useful additions were developed by the community if might be easier for Tiertime to incoorporate in future revisions if they are interested.

I2C ( and RS323/485 ;-) would also allow a simple rfid reader to be installed in the filament chamber to help keep track of changes of reels.

Just some thoughts

Best Wishes

JothamB

Post by JothamB » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:26 am

I cannot print 3 different projects because I cannot adjust the slicer settings. Project 1: 3D labprint aircraft. Project 2: a thin wall boat print. Project 3: part involves a slanted overhang, and the supports bind (I've tried various upstudio support settings.. nogo)

So for me:

1. GCODE Support.
2. See above ^

To me, that is all that matters. Everything is is solved if I can use Simplify3D.
Last edited by JothamB on Sun May 26, 2019 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

cj7hawk

Post by cj7hawk » Fri May 10, 2019 1:35 pm

34) "Print Anyway" option when the filament volume is less than the print volume... Because filament usage isn't tracked all that well.