Is there a timeline for upgrades?

Share your experience with UP300!
cj7hawk

Is there a timeline for upgrades?

Post by cj7hawk » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:15 am

Well, so far, I think my UP300 is due Monday. I've had a mini since they were launched, and now I've moved up. I heard that they were more solidly built and better featured, so I waited for the 300 over the box.

Tiertime was pretty good supporting the older model and I'm hoping that will continue, although it's a shame they chose not to fully expand the capabilities of the mini, and that was left to third party support.

But a few early reviews suggested that the UP300 would have a dual-head coming out as it's first upgrade. Soluble support would be a great thing to use, so does anyone know when this upgrade is scheduled, or can even confirm it?

Thanks
David

TiertimeBrook

Re: Is there a timeline for upgrades?

Post by TiertimeBrook » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:33 am

Hi David,

The upgradation of UP300 is still under developing , It will be a long time before released, and the timeline is not confirmed yet.

we will make announcements if any upgrades near the releasing.

Regards
Brook

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Re: Is there a timeline for upgrades?

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:03 am

Yeah, there seems to be some backpedaling on this.

TT initially indicated it could be a kit we can add ourselves later (like the prusa upgrade kits) but this seemed to change to just a new model sometime in the future but no chance to upgrade the original UP300. This seems like a huge waste of to me. Why buy the 300 now if a better one is out soon?

But now it seems like soon isn't the case either. So it's pretty much buy the 300 as a single extruder machine or another brand if you want dual extrusion. What a shame. TT's USP was the enclosed chamber allowing decent ABS printing. With better and better non ABS materials becoming available they're in danger of becoming obsolete I feel. Software is behind, single extruder is old fashioned, rafts are old fashioned. We want the new stuff :D

Come on Tiertime, we support you, but we want next generation printers please.

Owen S.