WiFi network doesn't show

Share your experience with UP mni 2 ES!
dts350z

WiFi network doesn't show

Post by dts350z » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:23 pm

I have 22+ devices connected to my WiFi without problems but for some reason the printer doesn't see my network.

Is there a software/firmware update or something to fix this?

JackMcConick

Re: WiFi network doesn't show

Post by JackMcConick » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:52 am

dts350z wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:23 pm
I have 22+ devices connected to my WiFi without problems but for some reason the printer doesn't see my network.

Interested in this as well.
Check out my guides: small butane torch & heat gun

Tiertime_Ocean

Post by Tiertime_Ocean » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:21 am

Dear Customer,

Please connect 3D printer to 3 grid signal router and then connect the computer to this router.
Open UP Studio and you can connect computer to 3D printer via WiFi.
Please place 3D printer near router if you can't search 3 grid signal WiFi.
And also you can connect 3D printer to router via internet cable if the device have network port and computer connect this router via WiFi.

bjorn

Post by bjorn » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:38 am

dts350z wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:23 pm

Please list what wifi security you are using, not all are supported it seems (but I don't have an overview).

My new router that only let me use WPA2 with PSK/TKIP did not work with the up Mini 2. Maybe try older WPA or AES and see if it helps, I didn't have time to fiddle with it so I left my old router running just for the printer and now I'm using a different controller so I can't test.

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:41 am

Tiertime_Ocean wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:21 am
Dear Customer,

Please connect 3D printer to 3 grid signal router...
I count myself as pretty IT literate but have never heard of a "3 grid signal router". I doubt many of your customers have either, and nor should they need to. A in layman's terms a device is either wifi compatible or not. If it says wifi on the website / printer and box then it should be able to connect to any common wifi equipment.

Owen S.

bjorn

Post by bjorn » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:38 pm

If your network consists of more than 1 router/subnet your computer may not be able to talk to the printer, they need to be on the same broadcast domain.

If you're unsure of this, just check and/or post the IP address your computer has, and for the printer.

smithjohn2

Post by smithjohn2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:34 am

Most of the time wifi network not showing because the option is showing more, so for that, you just do one thing just browse some review from there you will get some tricks. Also, my suggestion is that you will do one thing just reset your MAC and after some time again restart it and then you will see wifi network will show.