ERROR: Data transfert failure (6): Failed to send cmd to printer

Share your experience with UP mni 2 ES!
SylvainA4

Post by SylvainA4 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:52 am

Hi guys,

I have two clients with this error :

One of the customers got this answer from Cecelia (thank you)

Cecelia (Tiertime)
Jan 16, 09:22 CST
Dear Customer,
Firstly please try to print another model, could be model's problem. If the issue still exist, then following checking for your reference.
1. USB cable inside broken--unstable connection
2. USB port of PC---Some computer usb ports are underpowered
3. SD card's problem--re-insert SD card, make sure it fully seated in the sockets/ format it and give another try.
4. USB port of mainboard---SD card slot or USB interface on the motherboard is broken, then have to change the mainboard.
Please check first, then we will consider on how to help you next.
---

SO

Printers did print for several hours

Model is OK

USB cable and port are fine : studio and windows recognize the printer

And there is no sd card in the sd slot.

Sylvain

TiertimeBrook

Re: ERROR: Data transfert failure (6): Failed to send cmd to printer

Post by TiertimeBrook » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:27 am

Hello
There should be a SD card inserted in the slot.If there is no SD card, then that is the reason caused the problem, Check if the SD card was fall out in somewhere inside the printer box or anywhere? Or use another SD card insert to the slot to solve the error.

Regards
Brook

rslaufer

Post by rslaufer » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:20 pm

Just to supply further information...

I am operating my Up Mini 2 ES by wifi connection, so I have no USB or SD card supplying data, just my PC sending data over wi-fi.

I tried the latest beta Up software without a problem at first, then I started to get the "ERROR: Data TRansfer Failure.(6):Failed to send cmd to the printer." Error window. I installed the same beta software to a backup PC and the software is sending its data without a problem - they are both running the latest version of Windows 10, and they are both sending the same data to the printer.

My surmise is that the Up software has some corrupted data somewhere, and eventually I will have to uninstall the Up software, reboot, and re-install and if that fails, fall back to the non-beta software.

TiertimeBrook

Post by TiertimeBrook » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:44 am

Hello
First please try to upgrade the touchscreen program to the latest version. here is the guidance on how to upgrade ,
https://www.tiertime.com/touchscreen-upgrade-program/
the datas sending failed error usually can be removed by upgrading the touchscreen program.
Please try that.

By the way , The SD card is inserted on the mainboard, Sometimes it maybe got loose from the slot, That may be cause the error too.