Touchscreen issue

Share your experience with UP mni 2 ES!
Guap

Touchscreen issue

Post by Guap » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:01 pm

I just received an UP mini 2 ES today and when I turn it on, the touchscreen will turn on and display the tiertime logo for a few seconds, then the printer beeps and the screen turns off. I haven't figured out any way to get it to stay on or to turn back on once this happens, and it happens every time it starts. I connected the printer to my computer, and the software recognizes the printer, but the initialization button is grayed out and when I try to print something I get a connection error. I'm not sure any prints would work anyway since I am unable to load any filament due to the touchscreen issue. I also noticed that the temperature readings for the nozzle and bed show up when the printer is connected to the computer, but they're reading above 30C, which seems high since my apartment is nowhere near that hot, and they feel cool to the touch. What can I do about the touchscreen, and what can I do to ensure the thermocouples are reading the correct temperatures?

I called the support helpline this morning and nobody answered (why would you have a support line that isn't monitored?) and they still haven't called me back so I sent an email. Figured I'd post here too to round it out. How long does support generally take to answer? I'm worried that I won't be able to sort these issues out for a while now since it is Friday. And is phone, email, or this forum the best route to get help?

Tiertime-Joseph

Re: Touchscreen issue

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:07 am

Hello,

Have you tried to update the touch screen program?

https://www.tiertime.com/touchscreen-upgrade-program/

Also, you can also send email to support@tiertime.com for technical support.

Thank you

Joseph

Guap

Post by Guap » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:54 pm

I'm unable to do the update process because the screen turns off after showing the logo. I have the file on a usb and plug it in before turning on the printer, but there's no way for me to tell it to do the update if the screen isn't displaying anything and doesn't respond to touch.

Tiertime-Elaine

Post by Tiertime-Elaine » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:11 am

According to your description, it sounds like the printer does not recognize the update file in your USB Stick.

Have you made sure the name of the file is update_usb.tt ? Also the format of your USB stick has to be FAT32.

Elaine