Up Mini 2 ES - Bed Heating

Share your experience with UP mni 2 ES!
peterJ

Up Mini 2 ES - Bed Heating

Post by peterJ » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:18 pm

When I unboxed my new printer, I did a few test prints which all worked great.
Now suddenly I can't seem to print anything successfully.
I lose adhesion on the first layer after 5-10mm of printing and end up with a birds nest of filament.
On examining the failed print, I notice it is warped.

I have notice the bed preheat takes ages.
I'm lucky if I get 1 degree C per minute and it never goes above 60 degrees C even after an hour.

When it's printing (using ABS) the nozzle temp shows 100% but the bed only shows 50-60%

I've check the connections on the flexi ribbon that goes to and from the bed and all seems okay.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter

jhjacobsen

Re: Up Mini 2 ES - Bed Heating

Post by jhjacobsen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi Peter,
I think bed temp issues are the same as on the "old" mini 2 (that I just bought a week ago). I believe differences between Up mini 2 and the new ES model you got are mainly that the touch screen can be updated with new features like the new print queue. Both printers have max bed temperature specified as 70 degrees Celsius. My solution for quickly reaching a higher bed temp (95 degrees Celsius) is a powerful hairdryer on slow fans peed held close to the bed. After the print starts temperature drops, but it gives time for getting a good raft down.
I am looking for a better heating solution for printing polycarbonate that warps a lot and has issues with adhesion (all or nothing - bonded permanently to and destroyed a flex plate in first attempt - print came of raft without problems).
Otherwise great compact machines with their enclosure and air filtration (avoids subjecting family to Nanoparticles and styrene if printing ABS)

Cheers Jacob