hard removal fo raft from print

Share your experience with UP mni 2!
dorubalazs

hard removal fo raft from print

Post by dorubalazs » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:04 pm

I have an UP Mini 2 and an UP Box. I tried both printers with same settings, same filament, same object to print and same software (v2.1.1.1), but it's VERRY HARD to remove the raft from print with Mini 2 and very easy with UP.
Can some one to give an advise?

yoobeesod

Re: hard removal fo raft from print

Post by yoobeesod » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:58 am

Interesting because I am having the exact same problem on my UP Mini 2, though I originally figured it may have just been the wanhao-brand PLA that was at fault. Maybe someone from Tiertime has a solution for this? I hope so - I don't have any more time to experiment with the filament temp's etc and I have a few print jobs that need to be done urgently. :(

GlenRose

Post by GlenRose » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:13 am

Yes i believe 2.1.1 has a problem on the up Mini 2. Went back to 1.6 up studio and it works fine now. Try that and see how you go until Tiertime fix it.

dorubalazs

Post by dorubalazs » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:30 pm

Thanks for the two replies regarding the subjected.
I forgot to mention that I don't use PLA. I have tried one time but the PLA (original from Tier) clogged and I had to clean even the silver column, which is not a comfortable job, but I was lucky and was OK. From that time I never used and not even think about using PLA

dorubalazs

Post by dorubalazs » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:23 am

I found it! I deleted UP Studio 2.1.1.1 and downloaded again. Big surprise ! Much more easier to remove the raft. One more trick. Try to remove first the printed object (using spatula) and then the raft from printing board. Because I used ABS only keep closed the air cooling window. Happy printing to all