Is Wifi a Scam?

Share your experience with UP mni 2!
grandprix321

Is Wifi a Scam?

Post by grandprix321 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:08 am

Just wondering. I am setting up my up mini 2 and I cannot get the wifi to work in the suite. The printer shows that Wifi is connected, the printer will connect via USB, but Up Studio will not find the printer over wifi. It looks like from searching this forum that a few people have had similiar issues and the repose is always "Tiertime is working on it." Seems like a giant scam if a company sells the Up Mini 2 as a Wifi capable device, but doesn't support wifi.

F3D

Re: Is Wifi a Scam?

Post by F3D » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:23 am

Certainly not a scam. We have 2 x UP Box's & 2 x UP Mini 2's running on wifi right now. Can see all 4 from
any computer on the network.

Assuming you have 2.4ghz, connected with a solid Wifi symbol on the printer. With the latest UP Studio Installed (1.9).
Also check you don't have client isolation turned on in you router/AP. Otherwise, go 'Connect to other printers' and
type in the IP address directly. Try pinging that IP.

If that still doesn't work, check your network or computer.

ksprint

Post by ksprint » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:26 am

Not sure of Up mini, but my Upbox+ have a different wifi issue. First time setup via USB, ok. Then connect to wifi and print, fine. During print, about an hour or so, wifi gone. Wifi would not come back until finish print then turn off/on. After shutdown, wifi came back for some time. Send another print, wifi gone again after a while. Going on for several times then wifi finally completely dead, won't come on even after reset. Connect USB and select wifi ssid from drop down menu, but it didn't even try to search and straight away report no wifi network found.

Email reseller, they recommend reinstall/update software. Done it, wifi returned for a while, problem still not solved. still no wifi after printing a while. Wrote to Australia distributor, no reply for 3 months. Want to fix this before warranty expires, write to reseller again, they forwarded my request to Australia distributor. Distributor replied once, ask if any other issue occurs with wifi, then went quiet, no reply at all afterward. Wrote direct to Tiertime, in 24 hours tech replied, reckon could be CPU problem. Ask to open rear panel, disconnect and reconnect wifi antenna. Done it, worked for a while, but still no wifi after printing for a while. Tiertime ask to get in touch with Australia distributor to get replacement CPU. Distributor no reply, has been almost a week now.

Sick of sitting duck and wait. Open rear panel again, spray contact cleaner on antenna connector. Unbundle wifi cable from all other harnesses, tape the cable elsewhere, by itself, away from other harness. Check antenna condition, confirm good. Reconnect wifi antenna. Wifi came back on. Has been printing 15 hours since, wifi still alive! I dare not to say this is the solution, could merely be a prolonged temporary fix, who knows? I still want the CPU replaced since the issue has always been intermittent since new, and has been like this for 5-6 months. Want to get it done before warranty runs out. Still waiting for distributor to reply to my email...

ARTKKELLY512

Post by ARTKKELLY512 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:05 pm

I have a UP MINI 2. I cannot get the computer to see it Wireless. The printer says it is connected to my network. I need HELP!

dts350z

Post by dts350z » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:29 pm

Same issue here.

Printer shows it has an ip address from my router (DHCP) but printer doesn't respond to ping nor is seen by UP studio.

Using a browser to go the port 443 at the printer ip also doesn't work.

bjorn

Post by bjorn » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:25 am

Not all encryptions are supported, try using older encryption standard maybe? I don't recall the specific limitations at the moment, but I know my newest router did not work with the Up Mini 2. It also needs to be a 2.4Ghz network, no 5Ghz support.