Burn Marks on print.

Share your experience with UP mni 2!
welshpagan

Burn Marks on print.

Post by welshpagan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:58 am

Hi,

I recently had a nozzle blockage so took the nozzle off and replaced it. I calibrated the machine and all was fixed. However I now have intermittent brown 'burn' marks in the material of the print. It does not matter if it's PLA or ABS. Does anyone know what's going on and how I can fix this?

TIA

kerstman

Re: Burn Marks on print.

Post by kerstman » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Are you printing at the right temperature?

Had this on the up box and it was due to the fact that i had very small pieces of filament curling up from the build plate and the nozzle was picking them up while passing again. Make sure your plate is leveled and your fan door closed for ABS.

zyhroman

Post by zyhroman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:13 am

This situation seldom occurs with current tiertime filament, did you print with official filament? Or third part of material?

Wojciech

Post by Wojciech » Wed May 03, 2017 5:14 pm

I feel like it may be something with software update. On 1.6.1.2 I have no issues with raft or burned lines, now on second computer I updated to 1.7.2.0 and I have got problems with raft where lines are like too much filament or too slow nozzle movement and can't separate print from raft.
Even though I didn't change anything I decided it may be a problem of bed leveling but no success after calibration.

welshpagan

Post by welshpagan » Sun May 07, 2017 10:28 am

Thanks for all the responses.
I am still having issues. It's almost as though the hot end gets too hot and then cools back to correct temperature. I am using tiertime filament not 3rd party. I will try to post some pictures later today.

ftdesigns

Post by ftdesigns » Mon May 22, 2017 3:42 pm

zyhroman wrote:This situation seldom occurs with current tiertime filament
This unfortunately is true. It's been going on since the first Up! printers, which is unacceptable. I once 3D printed a part for a client in Up!'s natural white (that came with printer) and it had burn marks and the client was like "WTF, this doesn't look good." Engineers need to realize that clients don't just want something that works well, but something that looks great too.