Nozzle detect not working

Support for UP mini 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
iSTEM

Nozzle detect not working

Post by iSTEM » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:42 am

i have been using the UP mini 2 for a fair while now and i'm generally very happy with it.

the problem i'm running into is that the nozzle detect has stopped working.... when i press the button either on the front panel or in the software the Z axis moved up and drives the bed panel into the Nozzle clicking loudly as the steppers slip till i turn the system off.

is there any way to fix this?

Tiertime_Bryant

Re: Nozzle detect not working

Post by Tiertime_Bryant » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:48 am

Hi,

I would like to konw that what kind of working condition which cause this problem? At the beginning of the printing or When you calibrate the nozzle height?
Or please refer to this to support@pp3dp.com?

iSTEM

Post by iSTEM » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:23 am

the problem happens when i calibrate the machines. the only way i can stop the bed from continuing to drive up into the nozzle is to manually power of the machine.
heres a quick clip i took of it this morning
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Nfbr ... sp=sharing

Tiertime-Roman

Post by Tiertime-Roman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:02 am

Hello

I am Roman who is the overseas quality engineer of TierTime, and I am attempting download the video from Google Drive but the speed is extremely low, could you please upload the video to YouTube and we can more easily browse the video.

For more questions, please also send email or iMessage to zhangyh@tiertime.net, I will give my response as soon as possible.

Tiertime_Bryant

Post by Tiertime_Bryant » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:54 am

Hi,
The most probably reason which cause the problem your video shows was the loosen of the FFC lines(the black one),or more seriously,it was broken.
If it was loosen,you'd better re-insert the FFC line and make sure the connection is tight;if it was broken,i suggest you to contact the agents from your area to purchase and replace it.
You can make sure the real reason by yourself with the following ways.
In addition,i am glad to receive your reply whether it slove your problem.
Attachments
Check the platform FFC line.jpg
Check the platform FFC line
Check the platform FFC line.jpg (433.31 KiB) Viewed 6681 times

MeowffleCATYT

Post by MeowffleCATYT » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:21 pm

I tried that but it didn't work
The cable was in all the way and wasn't ripped
All it did was go up like it was going to do it but it stopped just before it touched the sensor.