M-PB-2 Adhesion Board

Support for UP mini 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
Ramatu

M-PB-2 Adhesion Board

Post by Ramatu » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Just got my Up Mini 2 and am very happy with it. I've been accustomed to the M-PB-3 style perf boards that came with the Up Mini. Those are pretty robust. I was pretty excited about the new M-PB-2 board, and so I tried it out with my first print.

Suffice to say, I tore up that board right away. The nozzle scratched off the top layer right at the beginning -- which wasn't a big deal. However, when my first test print was completed, I used the scraper to peel it off the board and that was the end of that. Part of the rough adhesion layer tore off and came up with the print. Below was the exposed glue and perf board.

So my questions are as follows:
1. How should we handle the different boards to extend their life?
2. Where do we get replacements?

Thanks,
R

Tiertime-Jason

Re: M-PB-2 Adhesion Board

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:45 am

Sorry to hear that, if it is not a big part, I guess you can continue using it without problem.

you can try reduce the nozzle height a little bit and test again using a small object.
Adjust the nozzle height using the touch screen, in calibration section use the + and - buttons.

Ramatu

Post by Ramatu » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:17 am

I was thinking the same thing. That said, where do we go to get replacement boards?

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:19 am

You can get this from local resellers. If you are in the USA, contact www.up3dusa.com

Tiertime-Joseph

Post by Tiertime-Joseph » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:31 am

Ramatu,

You can buy parts or filament supplies from our US webstore, www.up3dusa.com,

or if you prefer Amazon, you can go to:
https://www.amazon.com/sp?seller=A3QIRO ... PDKIKX0DER

Our eBay store is also available:
http://stores.ebay.com/Tiertimes-UP-3D-Printer-Store

Happy printing.

Joseph

zeeb84

Post by zeeb84 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:03 pm

does anyone know how to heat the board faster for ABS prints? mine has taken 30 minutes to just get to the 88% mark...it seems to have stalled. I had to pause the print becuase it was going to start when the tip hit 275C

Marauderz

Post by Marauderz » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:14 am

Just got a Mini 2 myself, and I must say, this Adhesion Board thing is interesting.

Tiertime-Jason, what we need to know is.. what material is this board, what are the care and maintainence guidelines to take care of it. If it's easier for you, you can type it in chinese I'll translate it for you.

Tiertime-Jason

Post by Tiertime-Jason » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:20 pm

The official name of the board is called UP Flex, which mean it can be flexed to make prints easier to remove.
The UP Flex print board is not as durable as the perf boards, do not set the nozzle to close to the surface, otherwise prints will be difficult to remove.
For mini2 the thickness of the UP Flex and Perf board are made to be the same, the you do not need to measure the nozzle again after changing print boards between these 2. (For UP BOX or UP BOX+, there is 0.4mm difference between the 2 kind of print boards)

You can use the board for many times if used with care, do not scrap the board with violence.
Another tip for the UP Flex is, to print large ABS without any warpping, you can apply some ordinary glue stick on the surface, this will hold the ABS very well. You can even apply some cooling to the ABS when glue stick is applied.

Marauderz

Post by Marauderz » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:36 am

Thanks for the info Jason,

Tip from me is that I use a flat chisel type Xacto blade to carefully pop the raft out instead of the usual knife shape so that I dont stab the surface that much.

And I just realized I can't flip the board over to use the perforated side to save on the adhesion surface because of the way the board is shaped.. :(