***PLEASE HELP- MY BOX+ STOPS EXTRUDING***

Share your experience with UP BOX and UP BOX+
DCSConcepts

***PLEASE HELP- MY BOX+ STOPS EXTRUDING***

Post by DCSConcepts » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:17 pm

Hi, I have an BOX+ that for months printed perfectly. In fact I wrote a glowing 5-star review on Amazon. I'm using UP's ABS filament which I keep in the bag and in the box when not in use.

Recently after several perfect several-hour prints I started noticing lifting and decided to lubricate the machine as per videos at YouTub, replaced the nozzle and did numerous manual leveling rounds. Afterwards I was able to successfully print a small calibration cube test. There were some leveling issues with the perimeter of the perf board but I got that squared away too.

Then I returned to printing something larger thinking all was OK. This model has curves. But the machine stopped extruding during the print, although it extrudes and withdraws fine when the button is pressed or via the software. I tried printing different models (also curved) but the same thing happened.

So I followed posted suggestions on this forum and thoroughly cleaned the extruder gear. I also checked and all cable connections which are secure, but the extrusion issue continues. But what is strange, and I hope helpful, is that I am still able to print the calibration cube successfully.

PLEASE HELP. I NEED TO PRINT FOR WORK. THANK YOU!

bjorn

Re: ***PLEASE HELP- MY BOX+ STOPS EXTRUDING***

Post by bjorn » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:15 am

You say you changed the nozzle and cleaned the gear, did you also clean the heat break between the gear and the nozzle?

I used a hot air gun and heated it until I could pull out the scorched plastic stuck to the walls, and then pushed some clean filament through without the nozzle. Asking the printer to extrude without the nozzle may achieve the same thing, I just liked to see what was happening.

DCSConcepts

Post by DCSConcepts » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:58 pm

Thank you for reaching out and offering help. I've cleaned the area that you mentioned and in doing so I noticed a small (plastic or metal, not sure) plate that appears to fit vertically between the extruder motor and the mount (with mated notches) was out of alignment. So I lined everything up properly and tightened. Testing with prints shortly.

DCSConcepts

Post by DCSConcepts » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:46 pm

Thank you for your help. It's now working perfectly again (at least so far).