raft sagging!

Share your experience with UP BOX and UP BOX+
imprenta

raft sagging!

Post by imprenta » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Hi boys and girls!

Did anyone have the RAFT SAGGING problem and dont know how to fix it?

When you are using high temp materials like ABS (270 aprox) , maybe the first raft layers are not flat enough to asure you a nice and flat surface on the bottom of your piece

After some time trying diferent stuff ,i realize if you try printing at a lower temp , it increases your chances of getting that NICE AND FLAT surface , but...there is always a BUT

If you are going to print a big part, maybe the lower temp is enough to avoid the extrusion to be proper, so it clogs at the very beggining

HOW TO FIX THIS?

1 start printing at the supposed temperature of the filament

2 then , after the first layer, pause the printer and change the material (to change the temp, mainly) to a lower temp one.

3 Then after the entire raft concludes or just in the 2nd vertical raft lines, you can change it again to the "official" temp.

4 maybe you get the "nozzle too cold" message here...restart and resume the printing.

If you dont have to do the 4th step, good for you!

I am very dissapointed to have to be like a "detective" to discover this, and very surprised that not too much people had this problem, or if it is around, at least i didnt saw it in the forums.

Thank you for reading!

Kind Regards to everyone, good printing!

bjorn

Re: raft sagging!

Post by bjorn » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:32 pm

Does the box/box+ have the same fake bed leveling as the up mini? Where you manually use the feeler gauge to measure a grid and the software then compensates the raft for any unevenness?

Owen Sparks aka Marksman

Re: raft sagging!

Post by Owen Sparks aka Marksman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:55 am

bjorn wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:32 pm
Does the box/box+ have the same fake bed leveling as the up mini? Where you manually use the feeler gauge to measure a grid and the software then compensates the raft for any unevenness?
Nope. Box and + both have an active leveling probe so the software looks the same but the 9 point bed mapping is done for you. We use a similar feeler gauge method first to get close and then let the automation do the rest.

I don't know it that info sent back to the printer and stored internally or whether it's held by studio and offsets are applied on demand as a file is printed. (We care as far as sending GCODE without studio, but allowing the bed leveling would be helpful...)

O.S.