I had few problems with the UpBox design, particularly with the FFC cable or the connector that melt and give us the B error.
After looking for a better FFC cable I figured out that we can simply remove a lot of the problems by replacing a lot of cable and boards in between the mother board and the printer head.
So the solution it's to build a custom cable that link directly the mother board to the printer head.
By doing so you loose the automatic bed levelling sensor part but you get a printer 10 time more reliable...
Anyway I never used this part, always done the levelling manually.
You need to remove all the hold parts
- You open the back plate of the printer.
- Remove the cable 1(between the mother board and the FFC board adapter)
- Remove the FCC cable (cable 2) from the back FFC board.
- Remove the cover on the back of the printer head to remove the FFC cable
- (Optional) Remove the board on the back of the printer head
- Remove the cable 3 between the back PCB and the printer head
1x https://www.digikey.com/products/en?key ... 3%E2%80%8E
1x https://www.digikey.com/products/en?key ... 16-0103%20
1x https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/7809896
- Crimp the cable on the 16 position IDC connector
- Crimp the cable on the 20 position IDC connector
- The first wire should connect the first position on both connectors.
- Make sure that you don't have open circuit or short circuit on your cable.
I cable tied the new cable to the filament tube.
I have a printer with this solution that work every day during the last 2 weeks.
That don't solve all the problems but that avoid a lot of them.
thingiverse : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3059725